Chariot and I were there for you, all the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chariot and I were there for you, all the time

We have always been there for you. When Apolyton was down, we idled there unceasingly. Yet we were only visited by one single solitary one of you. Have so many of you really forgotten the chat?
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

What happened to the hack which displayed who was in the room at the top of the forum listing?
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The poor judgement of the Apolyton admins happened to it, that's what! If they knew what was good for them, they would have made sure to keep that feature running no matter what happened to the rest of the site. The chatters must be listed! There is no other way for Apolyton to prosper!
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

AngryUninformedCitizen thanks you for your service Ari.
        "

Comment

And a most pleasant conversation it was that we had, why, let me just quote it as an example of what one could achieve by the simple action of getting online on apolyton.net:6667 and joining #apolyton:

22:56 -!- AngryUninformedCitizen has joined #apolyton
          22:56 < AngryUninformedCitizen> WHATS THE HOLD UP PLOMPERS?
          23:01 < ari> AngryUninformedCitizen: We're sorry; the check is in the mail
          23:07 < AngryUninformedCitizen> I DON'T WANT A CHECK I WANT CASH
          23:08 < AngryUninformedCitizen> AND I WANT IT NOW!
          23:09 < ari> But you can't have it now, because at the time you said you want it now is already in the past, and you didn't get your cash then
          23:11 < AngryUninformedCitizen> WHAT?! DO YOU WANT A PITCHFORK UP YOUR ASS?
          23:11 < AngryUninformedCitizen> MONEY MONEY MONEY
          23:12 < ari> How about I just give you a picture of my spiritual wellbeing on fire?
          23:14 < AngryUninformedCitizen> I WANT TO SEE THE PLOMP! I WANT TO SEE THE PLOMP! [yes, that would be acceptable]
          23:19 < ari> Very well then: http://imgur.com/GSSwU.jpg
          23:43 < AngryUninformedCitizen> nice
          23:44 < ari> Incidentally, I had no idea Apolyton was down
          23:46 < ari> I told them to put that "x people in the chat room: " box back in, but did they listen to me? No! And now nobody remembers the IRc channel exists anymore ):
          23:57 < AngryUninformedCitizen> PLOMP IS TOTALLY INCOMPETENT
          23:58 < AngryUninformedCitizen> AND WE ALL LOVE HIM FOR IT
          00:20 -!- AngryUninformedCitizen has quit [Connection reset by peer]

Comment

I should install some irc client again.

What's the current trend on windows IRC clients?
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala View Post
              We have always been there for you. When Apolyton was down, we idled there unceasingly. Yet we were only visited by one single solitary one of you. Have so many of you really forgotten the chat?
              Yes.
              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                I should install some irc client again.

What's the current trend on windows IRC clients?
                There are trends on IRC clients? Mostly I've been just telling people to use Silverex's X-Chat build, I've never actually used it myself though.

And ColdWizard, you bastard, I thought EPW was you

Comment

I can't get mirc to connect.

Comment

I CLAIM VICTORY

21:00 -!- Chariot [Chariot@207-224-201-74.slkc.qwest.net] has quit [Ping timeout: 121 seconds]
                    21:19 [Users #apolyton]
                    21:19 [ ari]
                    21:19 -!- Irssi: #apolyton: Total of 1 nicks [0 ops, 0 halfops, 0 voices, 1 normal]
                    Day changed to 20 Aug 2010
                    Day changed to 21 Aug 2010
                    Day changed to 22 Aug 2010
                    Day changed to 23 Aug 2010
                    ColdWizard: Uhhh. Are you trying to connect to irc.apolyton.net? Because I'm not sure that exists - I'm connected to apolyton.net. Otherwise, dunno what's going on. Maybe the server isn't accepting new connections anymore and I'm stuck here alone until I, too, finally drop

Comment

Timed out when trying apolyton.net.

Comment

Working...
                      X