CTP2 Challenge Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 Challenge Ladder

You know, it wouldn't be hard for me to set up a ladder for CTP2, like we have in the CTP1 forum, if you like. It isn't the greatest ladder system in the world, but at least I maintain it. I don't play CTP2 much but it looks like a good game. If there is any interest in this, please post here. If we get enough people who want to do this, I'll set it up and maintain it. Cheers!

Do you play CTP2 quinns?

It's a good idea, but do we have enough players? I'm in if we can get, say, 3 others besides myself.

We could also use a modded tech tree: the original one isn't very good, theres really only one path worth taking. Maq was working on a new one based off of Civ4. In fact, alot other things can be modded to make it a better multiplayer experience.
    Last edited by EPW; March 31, 2010, 17:17.
    "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
      Do you play CTP2 quinns?

It's a good idea, but do we have enough players? I'm in if we can get, say, 3 others besides myself.

We could also use a modded tech tree: the original one isn't very good, theres really only one path worth taking. Maq was working on a new one based off of Civ4. In fact, alot other things can be modded to make it a better multiplayer experience.
      Thanks EPW! Well, I played CTP2 a few times in single player mode when it first came out. I'll try to dig out my old version of it (I think it's in the garage somewhere ... ) Are there some patches I need to apply to it?

Comment

I'll join aswell if we can get 4. Could at least try a couple of team games.

The AE mod scenario that comes with the Apolyton Edition contains the minimum fixes to the original game, but also needs some government changes still.

Then we might need to commit to using the same AE version til the game finishes, just to be sure to avoid any conflicts.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by quinns View Post
          Thanks EPW! Well, I played CTP2 a few times in single player mode when it first came out. I'll try to dig out my old version of it (I think it's in the garage somewhere ... ) Are there some patches I need to apply to it?
          We'd presumably use the latest source code release. You can get ctp2 from gog.com now too btw.
          "

Comment

Alright, thanks for the links! I downloaded from gog.com and tried a game last night using the latest source code release. Looks good. The biggest difference (to me at least) is the drop in production value of forest tiles from 20 (ctp1) to 5 (ctp2). That definitely changes things as far as where to settle. Also... It seems crime is nearly double in ctp2 as compared to the same government in ctp. That changes things a bit. And I never could see the reason for "borders" as it seems no one (humans or AI) pays attention to them anyway. Real borders, in my opinion, are created with military units that prevent straying units from entering your land. Here ends my CTP2 speech.

My idea for challenge ladder envisioned one vs. one matches. But if you have another idea for challenges that involve more than two people, let me know what you're thinking.

Comment

The biggest difference (to me at least) is the drop in production value of forest tiles from 20 (ctp1) to 5 (ctp2).
              I'm surprised you think this is the biggest change. Notice how you don't place workers on tiles anymore?

Anyways, this is something that should be changed(and is changed in the AE mod) to 15 production.

Also... It seems crime is nearly double in ctp2 as compared to the same government in ctp.
              Not much gameplay impact.

And I never could see the reason for "borders" as it seems no one (humans or AI) pays attention to them anyway. Real borders, in my opinion, are created with military units that prevent straying units from entering your land. Here ends my CTP2 speech.
              true true

My idea for challenge ladder envisioned one vs. one matches. But if you have another idea for challenges that involve more than two people, let me know what you're thinking.
              I doubt we will get enough people to even consider anything other than 1v1 matches.
              "

Comment

Yes. It takes some getting used to.

Comment

Want to play a PBEM game to get the feel for it quinns?
                  "

Comment

Thanks EPW, but I'm gonna pass on this. I tried, but I just can't get into CTP2. I sure appreciate the offer, though. I'm gonna just stick with CTP1 for now.

Comment

I understand, but I'll just say that like ctp1, ctp2 multiplayer plays quite a bit different than single player.
                      "

Comment

Working...
                      X