Leadership & Unit Training Mod. v0.5a
Call to Power 2
+ Apolyton Edition patch (see http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=213
+ Activision 1.11 patch
Extract the "UnitTrainingMod" folder to your \Scenarios folder.
How does it work?
- Leadership will increase or decrease depending on your actions on the battlefield.
- Winning a battle will give you leadership points, losing a battle will take them away. The bigger the battle the greater the effect.
- You can also win (and lose) leadership points by capturing (or losing) cities. The bigger the city, the bigger the effect.
- You can choose to spend gold per turn on 3 different levels of training for your units.
- The greater the level of training, the more gold it will cost each turn.
- In each round of a battle there is a chance your leadership effect will be used, when this happens, each of your units will receive a boost to their primary stat. The size of the boost will depend on your current level of unit training.
- For example: if your leadership is weak, but your training level is high, you will rarely see a boost in your unit's abilities. But when your leadership IS used, it will have a large effect, due to the high level of training for your units on this turn.
- Another: if your leadership is strong, but your training level is low, you will only see a very small boost in unit abilities, but it will happen in many rounds of a battle.
How to use
- When you open the Unit Manager from the panel at the bottom (not using the keyboard shortcut) another pop-up will appear. This should be fairly obvious how to use.
- Each level of training increases your units primary abilities by +5 when the leadership effect is used. Low training: +5, Medium: +10, and High: +15.
- A unit's "primary stat" is the one bigger than the rest. e.g. Archer: ranged. When stats are tied, attack is boosted.
- Each level of leadership increases the chance of training being used in a round of battle. Weak: 10% chance, Average: 20%, Good: 33%, Strong: 50%.
- In one battle there can be many rounds, sometimes 10 or 15, so even weak leadership will have some effect on a battle if combined with some training.
- Unit training costs are: (support costs of all military units / 3) * training level. Each training level value is 1, 2, and 3.
- The leader name in the pop-up window doesn't show when using the Activision 1.11 patch.
Contact, comments or suggestions
See this forum: http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=118