Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BtS Mod] WOLFSHANZE MOD (Industrial Age & Naval)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wolfshanze

Colonization's Bolivar as-is... I did see your "Bolivar with Isabella's crown", but I'm not sure I'm going to use it. Philip II wasn't much for pompous things like crowns... in-fact, I'm not sure I can find a single picture of him wearing a crown, so I just took Colonization's Bolivar as-is (though I did use your modified Santa Anna background for Bolivar/Philip... ie: Bolivar's background with a drapery or whatever).
    Yeah Philip was very religious, and I think this included a minute form of asceticism (sp?) where he rarely dressed in colorful or ornate clothing, didn't go on many trips outside of Spain, and as Wolfshanze said rarely wore a crown. So I think Bolivar from Col as-is would be the best representation of him. Having said that, I think the Bolivar from colinization was originally going to be Hernan(do) Cortez, he looks like him at least and the clothing matches his era rather than Bolivar's.
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

• Wolf,

When you come out with the new version, will it work with WolfRevolution? I have installed WolfRev - so when your new version comes out can I just install it over what I already have?

Folks,

What would you recommend to play WolfRevolution or Wolfshanze? (I have just now returned to this game after years off.

Thanks.

Comment

• You're gonna have to talk to the wolfrev folks about that. AFAIK wolf doesn't directly do anything for that.

I tend to stick to straight Wolf mod. I like that there aren't many changes to the gameplay itself, just graphics, units, civs and some tech tree tweaks.

Comment

• Yeah, WolfRev is just a merge of Wolfshanze and RevDCM, wolf doesn't work on it directly (but since I use his mod as the base, I give him credit as an author). If you want the Wolfshanze units and you are interested in the game play elements of Revolutions and Barbarian civs, etc. that's what WolfRev is for, if you don't like Minor tribes and the like, then just stick with straight Wolfshanze.

Comment

• Xeno... whatever changes were made in the CvCustomEventManager.py (in the root Python directory) it disabled the choice of choosing or renaming a city-name in-game. I checked every other file from XML, Python and the new/old Gamecore.DLL... the problem only occurs when following the changes you made in the CvCustomEventManager.py file... if I go-back to the v2.85 CvCustomEventManager.py file, I can once-again rename cities... so something in that file is dorking with the game.
            Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfshanze
              Xeno... whatever changes were made in the CvCustomEventManager.py (in the root Python directory) it disabled the choice of choosing or renaming a city-name in-game.
              Problem fixed. Left some artifact lines in the SDK, my bad.

http://files.filefront.com/WolfBBAIUpdaterar/;12689130;/fileinfo.html
              But if we don't kill nature, how do we build our houses?

Comment

• Thanks... re-re-updated.
                Wolfshanze Mod: for BtS... adds "flavored Civs", coal-fired navies, WWI units, plus Poland, Austria & Vietnam to Civ4!

Comment

• Question: is there a pdf manual for this wonderful mod? I mean, somewhere that I can find out the stats for the various new units/civs/leaders/etc?

Thanks for the mod, to everyone who worked on it - awesome!
                  -M-
                  Martin
                  All Round Good Egg

Comment

• Originally posted by AllRoundGoodEgg
                    Question: is there a pdf manual for this wonderful mod? I mean, somewhere that I can find out the stats for the various new units/civs/leaders/etc?

Thanks for the mod, to everyone who worked on it - awesome!
                    Not exactly, but the Civilopedia is fully updated with unit stats, descriptions, etc, etc.

Comment

• Map

is it possible to play Wolfshanze with a map of earth?

Comment

• Re: Map

Originally posted by gunboat63
                        is it possible to play Wolfshanze with a map of earth?
                        Scenarios included for Earth.

Simply select:
                        Single Player
                        Play a Scenario

There are Four included Earth Maps specifically for the Wolfshanze Mod... One with Historical Starting locations and one with Random Settings, each coming with pre-set or random resources. You can play up-to 36 Civs at once on the included Earth Maps.

Comment

• Okay, so I hit a snag in getting wolfshanze running. I unzipped the files where I was told to, openned Civ IV (I'm running 3.17 BtS), and told it to load the mod. It said that it did, but there is no difference... none. No new civs when I set up a new game (I looked for Austria for instance), no changes to the graphics that I could tell, and nothing different in the Civilopedia.

What am I missing? Can I attach any files that would help sort this out?
                          -M-
                          Martin
                          All Round Good Egg

Comment

• Do you have anything in your custom assets folder? Are you running any other mods or custom files? Those might interfere.

Did you unzip into the "My Documents" folder or the "Program Files" folder? That might make a difference (Program Files is the intended target... for some reason CivIV installs in two identical folders).

When the mod properly loads you should see the splash screen with the dreadnoughts coming at you... also, look at the "Installation Instructions" in the 1st post... there is a "to run the mod all the time" tip... try that and see if it loads.

Comment

• No luck I'm afraid. It says it's loaded... but zilch.

I'm running SmartMap (which allows me to set up custom games and which I wouldn't know how to unload even if I wanted to since it isn't a 'mod' in the mod list) and I'm using a nocd exe for the Civ4BeyondSword.exe file because I'm on a laptop without an internal DVD drive. Otherwise it's a plain install.
                              -M-
                              Martin
                              All Round Good Egg

Comment

• Did you try altering the "CivilizationIV.ini" to auto-load the mod for you? That usually works if nothing else does. How to do it is listed in the 1st post of this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X