Nikolai and several other poly posters seemed to think the expansion was good, so I got myself the IN expansion. For my first game I've chosen Ethiopia. I was crushed. But I refuse to give up on them. I've always found the country fascinating.
Ok, I need some advice. I'll try to be brief:
1. How can I appease the Egyptian Arabs so they don't crush me?
2. How should I approach colonizing the three native spots? Exterminate all the natives and then send a colonist to each? Or should I send a garrison of 5000-7000 men and try to colonize the land before the natives kill themselves in suicide attacks.
3. My eastern neighbor is Muslim and easy to conquer. His provinces are hell to keep though. Can I give him a Christian province and then once he attacks and I defeat him ask him to convert to Christianity and become my vassal? (I'm thinking of outsourcing my constant Muslim religious and Somali nationalist revolts ).
4. The real Ethiopia briefly converted to Catholicism, could I do the same in EU3:IN?
5. How can I westernize?
6. Which tribal form of government is best? How can I change?
7. Can I kill my king? Seriously, he's incompetent.