Building armies with Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building armies with Academy

I have built the Military Academy, have the Pentagon, the Heroic Epic, and built four armies from leaders. I presently want to build new armies to replace the outdated ones but cannot figure out how to do that. I have read the manual and found no instructions on how to do that. I have 39 cities in Emperor level so I figure I can build five more armies if I can just figure out how. What do I need to do or insure that I have done the requirements?

Yes you can have one army for each 4 towns, so 9 armies for now.
    Go to the city that has the MA and army should be in the build list, just as any unit or structure.

Comment

VMxa1 is correct, but unless the army is really outdated (ancient units in industrial, midieval in modern era) I probably wouldnt. Armies make good defensive units, add an additomal unit as far as pacification of a city and have multiple attacks per turn. So even if they may no longer serve in the front lines they can still be useful. Ony if I had met the army limit would I replace them. If thats the case then they come in handy getting a corrupted city some much needed shields.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Question along this line...if you build an army in a particular city/town/metro and never exit the town can you replace the units as they become outdated. e.g. You create an army of say archers (3). You never leave the town where they are created. Later you might add a musketman. Still later you replace some of the units with riflemen, etc. And if this is allowed what happens if you build horseman, attack another unit as an army and immediately return to the town. Would that disqualify you from updating them? I haven't tried this yet but was curious.

Comment

No, once you've loaded a unit into an army, you can never take it out or upgrade it. Units in armies can gain experience though (i.e. change from Veteran to Elite).

Comment

once a unit is loaded into an army it cant be unloaded or upgraded. Armies can be stockpiled though and you dont have to fill them up to the max capacity. Adding a single new unit to an otherwise obsolete army extends its usefulness considerably (remember that the pentagon increases the army size )
            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
            X