No announcement yet.

GENERAL: E-Cafe III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't remember who suggested it (perhaps Martin) that we could use the CtP1 shield design (bottom left) in place of the old CtP2 herald, and use a new flag above it. So heres the new shield.

It might be a little big though, but because CtP2 uses double figure armies the shield had to be wider than the CtP1 shield, which made the whole thing bigger. Its roughly the size of the Civ2 shield though compared to unit size.

I'm using the old CtP2 herald as the national flag (and some flags designs I made), but the flag needs to be moved 1 pixel higher (in the source?), because it seems I couldn't do it by just editing the flag.tga.

The icons below the shield need to be moved back up as well, if we decide to use the shield.
    Attached Files
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

The pictures for the shields
      Attached Files
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

I'm using the old CtP2 herald as the national flag (and some flags designs I made), but the flag needs to be moved 1 pixel higher (in the source?), because it seems I couldn't do it by just editing the flag.tga.
        nice. I recall the code is unitactor or atleast drawherald. The hardcoded pixels maybe unhardcoded if martin wants to make it something that you can take from text file. but that may be too much.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

Hello there, sorry for intruding, but after 2 years I finally got back my interest (and time!) in going through the sourcefiles I downloaded ages ago. I really was interested then in making the AI-strategy much better and would like to give that a try. I found myself lucky to read (before doing anything yet) a ton of messages here and am now quite confused what to do first.

I think I need the newest files you already altered, the music/sound files and a copy of MSVC to start with, but can anyone here please put me in the right direction ? Is there a ZIP I can download with all in it ?

I have a copy of the game (I and II) I accept the eula-thing and I am only interested in being able to make my "own" game. Later on I have that dream to complete something like a standard module or what-to-do-list that can be used in any other game where the AI is below average in attack and defense. However I'm not sure that I will finish such ever ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Tom

First check out this:

I think you can get a Visual C++ compiler here:

if not just google for MS Visual C++ 6.0 atleast, there should be a freedownload out there

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

The icons below the shield need to be moved back up as well, if we decide to use the shield.
              OK, I fixed it so that the pixels aren't hard-encoded anymore. Now the it uses the icons heights.

-Martin
              Attached Files
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

OK, I fixed it so that the pixels aren't hard-encoded anymore. Now the it uses the icons heights.

-Martin
                Thankyou Martin, that is perfect

Comment

@ mr E

Thanks for your directions. I found C++V6.0 somewhere in taiwan since MS doen't offer that anymore ;-(

I asked for an account for the darkdust-site but did not get an answer yet.

The SDK-files i found also, being very hard since my W98 computer is not accepted as genuine ;-(

I couldn't download the files

and

Where can I find these two now ?

Hope to hear soon from you for the next steps.

Comment

tom,

I think you can find those in the lib directory at dark dust's anonymous access site

Comment

E,
                      I compiled my first .EXE from basic-sourcecode and it runs ! Got some errors after choosing quit-game about "debug-assertion failed", but nothing strange so far.

I got the playtest archive #849 from 10-02-08 but that's not the sourcecode. I will start playtesting this week, but need the source of that version before I can start "reading". Can I get the complete sourcecode #849 somewhere , since I still have no answer from the darkdust-account-side.

BTW does the game play music, sice I hear nothing at the moment. I once installed a no-cd-crack, but with the new executable and the CD present there is no music, and without the CD the new executable doesn't ask for the CD either !?

Tll next message ;-)

Comment

try pming darkdust through here: select the pm option above his post (if its a problem then I'll try and contact him)

all the lat 849 is viewable in the anonymous access but only an svn from darkdust is the way to get the latest. Did you get tortoise svn yet?

As for music. I cant recall if it plays but now with the source code you can run your media player while the game is running to hear any music that way.

Comment

Hey anyone try the new playtest?AI is a much better .Early rush tactics against its AI,s cites is much harder to do.This was my way of gainning a early lead and more space to grow.Matain has listed all the changes and most were AI use of units.AI loves to fight in the open field -not waiting till you have stacks of units sitting outside its city.

Comment

E,

Turtoise won't install on my win-98 machine. I downloaded a zip-file but that contains tons of .cpp and .h files, I assume to built the application yourself !? Did not see any setup.exe or install.exe The msi-installers want above win2K ;-(

Do I really need that to get a complete set of code-files of revision 849 at this moment !? I want to start test-playing and reading/experimenting with the sources as soon as posible.

Can't I obtain a zip with all current files in it somewhere to start with ?!

Comment

Tom,

you may have accidentally downloaded the tortoise source code (for those thath work on). the actual program is: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads

and download the one that says:

TortoiseSVN-1.4.7.11792-win32-svn-1.4.6.msi Installer

it should take you here:

If you wnat to start play testing just get Martin's latest playtest in the playtest thread.

But if you want files we have it in the svn because there are a lot files. You can try, but I don't recommend, downloading them anonymously but then you have to do it one by one.

I'll contact darkdust about your access

Comment

Version 1.4.7 of TortoiseSVN will not work with Windows 98.
                                The last version of TortoiseSVN that supported Windows 98 was 1.1.7.

TortoiseSVN FAQ entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X