problems on vista?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems on vista?

I recently installed Civ3 on myb new computer with Windows Vista. I won't work for some reason. I looked on the offical website's support section but there wasn't anything relating to Vista. Can anyone out there help? Thanks!

I probably won't be able to help, don't know too much about Vista. :/ It would help people to know the exact problem though. From your post it sounds like it installed okay; what happens when you try to run the game? What message(s) do you get?

Comment

Thanks for responding. When I try to start the game it says: Font error. Error code 28. Does this just mean I need to re-install it or is there a problem communication with Vista maybe? I've noticed that most of my games are having some sort of trouble on Vista.
      Mark

Comment

Mark:
        I hope by now you have found a solution to your problem. IIRC, you will need to uninstall the game and then install again, but first read the instructions on game installation. It will tell you about a bar on the game window that you will need to click on to install the game correctly. When I get home from work, I will reread the instructions and then I will let you know. Vista can be a ***** can't it?

Comment

I have not looked at the post, but ntcompatible has a list of games and solutions, if they exist, for most Operating System. I did see they had civ for vista.

Comment

"Error Loading Font. (Error Code: 28)

The Game will now exit"

This is what I am getting when I try to run the game. The install looked like it went well.

Vista is a real pain.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I just bought a computer with Vista. I guess I'll have to set up a dual-boot with Win98SE so I can keep getting my CivIII fix...

Comment

I'll probably be permabanned for posting this link to an enemy site, but it could maybe help

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                X