PTBS Crash Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTBS Crash Recovery

Heya, just wanted to pass on something I just learned (thanks to Geomodder asking a question that I hadn't thought of!)

PTBS apparently makes autosaves called "Recovery [nick]" in the MULTI/autosaves folder. Not the PTBS folder. Not sure why. Anyway, when your game crashes, it allows you to load the most recent RECOVERY save and you won't lose what happened!!!

It may not work perfectly, specifically I had to try a few different ones to get one that worked (others didn't show the right number of have-played folks), but it worked in the end
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Will check it out.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

If I got it right every time a player login and plays his/her turn an autosave specific to that player is created, overwriting the previous one.

That is better than using the autosaves found in pitboss folder since in that case you have to play the turn again.

Comment

Just applied this method for Bohemian Epic after the gamespy crash last night. Worked fine. You just need to figure out who was the last to play the turn.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

You just need to figure out who was the last to play the turn.
          That wouldn't be hard, just open your preferable windows manager (most likely Windows Explorer that is) change the view to detail, browse to the folder that recovery saves are, and sort files using the date modified (or created) column

Comment

Working...
          X