Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Allowed to Talk About Your Salary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he lives in the Phils, on the strength of a very low income source you can live well
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• I was referring to TMM
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• oh yes, must be that cat disease working on me
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse View Post
          he lives in the Phils, on the strength of a very low income source you can live well
          This is true

It's even better with a good income source

Comment

• the only thing you need to be careful about is having some assets in the home country, if you don't mind me saying

Comment

• Certainly. My business and income is in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang View Post
                Retired, self employed, or out of work?
                Out of work.

I packed up the plant, handed over the keys, and finally finished cleaning out my office on the 31st. Everyone was pleased with my performance.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Are you willing to move or are you really tied to the KC area?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    Certainly. My business and income is in the US.
                    Good to know you'll be okay. I've met expats, and I'm sure you have too, who can't afford to go home.

Comment

• My salary is meager these days. Lost a good paying(but horrible job) due to layoffs half a year ago, and have not got any since. Working as teacher and assistant sub now and it's very up and down how much work there is to be had...
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Yah, saving enough to get back and get situated is always a good idea. Though there's always risk. If the **** really hit the fan I'd be better off with no money here than there I think though. As long as I didn't piss off Net too much that is...

Comment

• you're out in the boonies aren't you? You must have good internet.

Comment

• Yah ... boonies

We're about 400m off a dirt/mud/gravel road, maybe 5 miles to the nearest paved road. Working on permissions to build a road out to the house, but have right-of-way for our 4x4 and a trail that's decent if a bit muddy at times. Only one neighbor off on the other side of the hill.

They put in a 3G cell tower in the nearby town last year and the new house has full signal. A couple hundred meters either way and there wouldn't have been any signal at all. Lucked out there. The internet is still not great, terrible ping times, but bandwidth is decent. The old house we spent the first 5 years in wasn't so lucky, there you can get a bar of 3G if you hang far enough out one of the windows or the wind is blowing the trees just right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	house-bilisan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	9101448

Comment

• nice, also shows you must really love the lady of the house

Comment

Working...
                              X