• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Ready for Some Football

Continued from:

Let it continue
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

I wonder what the expert's storyline is going to be now when comparing the Chicago Bears and the San Diego Chargers. San Diego's boast to being the best team is that they are the only team without any weaknesses. Chicago, in contrast, was supposed to be the team that everything but a quarterback. But in Sunday's games, Rex Grossman performed well. In fact, he lead all at a quarterbacks for the day. In contrast San Diego's quarterback, Rivers, stank up the field. So what are we to think today?

Well the current wag, is far as I can tell, is that San Diego still has no weaknesses because the know-it-alls ignore the poor performance of Mr. Rivers, but instead point out that the the Bears now have a "new" problem. Their "new" problem is a weakening defense to losses of Brown, Tank Johnson and Tommie Harris.

But even to the extent that this may be true, San Diego is no better than the Bears if both Rivers and Rex play like they did yesterday. I think the two teams, right now, are fairly even.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Isn't that completely ignoring the fact that Rivers has a 91.5 QB rating compared to a 77.5 for Grossman? And Grossman isn't that great at running with the ball to make up for that any.

I'd say that Rivers had a bad game, but every QB at some point has one (Tom Brady had an absolutely horrid game a few weeks ago against the Dolphins, but no one is saying that QB is a weakness for the Pats). He has been pretty consistent as a good QB this year.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The experts continue to ignore Chicago, and instead, go with the "flavor of the week" team. First it was, they haven't played anybody... and then when they beat some good teams, it seems those teams really weren't all that good... and then the QB sucked (which he did), and now the defense is in serious trouble, blah, blah, blah... and through all that, the Bears now have home field advantage through the play offs. May the "experts" continue to write the Bears off
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

I just think Bears fans have an inferiority complex. The reason why everyone is talking about AFC teams for the SB is because the AFC is the premier conference. There is a good chance that the NFC may have an 8-8 team make the playoffs (two teams with 7-7 records are tied for that final spot), while in the AFC a 10-6 team may be left out. The AFC has 4 non-division leading teams with 8 wins (one may have 9 wins if Cincy wins tonight), while the NFC has 1.

Of course people are talking about AFC teams. That's where most of the good teams are!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I have no problem with people talking AFC teams either, because I agree, there are far MORE good teams in the AFC right now.

I'm laughing at all the talk about the NFC.
            Each week, the experts hustle out a new number one team, usually to be followed by that team getting killed, and a new number one team served up.

The Bears are 12 - 2 now, as good a record as the best in the AFC... no other team in the NFC is even close, but let the experts yet again try to find some other team to anoint as the best in the NFC. I look forward to which team they serve up in the NFC this week who they think is better than the Bears. But who knows, maybe this week they will finally give up and just claim the Bears are the best in the sorry NFC
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Which experts hustled out a new #1 team in the NFC?! Like I said, there is this very wierd inferiority complex among Bears fans. Most people outside the Chicago area realize that when people are getting excited by what Dallas or New Orleans are doing, they are not annointing them as the #1 team in the NFC, but the Bears fans take it as some personal affront or something.

As people say about players who dance in the endzone, "Act like you've been there before", and not like you are an Arizona Cardinal fan who finds themselves winning their division or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Which experts hustled out a new #1 team in the NFC?! Like I said, there is this very wierd inferiority complex among Bears fans. Most people outside the Chicago area realize that when people are getting excited by what Dallas or New Orleans are doing, they are not annointing them as the #1 team in the NFC, but the Bears fans take it as some personal affront or something.
                The experts at the Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network... who for the last two weeks had first Dallas ahead of the Bears, and then when they got beat by New Orleans, put New Orleans above the Bears... those experts You should check out their power rankings... pretty funny stuff.
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

I didn't realize that everyone at ESPN was involved in setting the power rankings.

Comment

I didn't realize that everyone at ESPN was involved in setting the power rankings.

But I've also heard it repeatedly by many of the "football experts" when discussing the best teams in the league. They continue to say the Bears aren't as good as their record, and that other teams are better than their records, and better than the Bears.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

Uh huh... and which football experts are these you are speaking of. It is kind of amusing when other people outside of Chicago don't see this bias, but every Chicago fan somehow does .

It actually reminds me of Yankee fans claiming the media has a massive bias against them and wants them to lose at every oppertunity, when the opposite is true.

Comment

Uh huh... and which football experts are these you are speaking of. It is kind of amusing when other people outside of Chicago don't see this bias, but every Chicago fan somehow does .
                        The experts at ESPN... Jaws, and others who do the weekly NFL shows. And anybody outside of Chicago is welcome to view the power rankings as written and posted by ESPN...

It's kind of amusing how some people like to ignore what's being said and printed
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

The amusing thing about the ESPN rankings is that Chicago has been in the Top 5 since Week 4, and were ranked number 1 for 5 straight weeks (and only fell after they lost to Miami, and dropped to 5 after they lost to New England). Recently they've been around the number 4 range, but mostly because Grossman got too inconsistent to raise them too high from the number 5 they fell too after their 2nd loss.

I fail to see how the ESPN poll has been dissing the Bears. After looking at the poll which is the cause of so much anger, I have to say that Bears' fans inferiority complex is even more pathetic than I initially thought.

Comment

Jaws is a Quarterback! Of course he's going to elevate teams that have good QBs over teams that don't. He believes that is what wins championships because that's the position he played! However, it is obvious that on the weekly ESPN shows Chris Berman, Tom Jackson, and da Coach are very up on the Bears. And if you really though Michael Irvin would put anyone ahead of his Cowboys (for obvious reasons), you are nuts.

Comment

Yeah... da Coach is to be expected... and while I've heard Tom Jackson sing the praises, I've heard Berman singing the Cowboys, and then the Saints.

And what you fail to mention in the power rankings is that for the last two weeks, they've had NFC teams with far inferior records ranked ahead of the Bears. If that's not dissing the Bears, I don't know what is
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X