Bohemian Epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohemian Epic

This game is based on an idea from Hurlyman.

The players:

Beta (GMT-5) Victoria
    Hurlyman (GMT-6) Brennus
    Ephack (GMT-7) Louis XIV
    Wittlich (GMT-8) Roosevelt

Large map.
    Inland sea.
    Medium sea level.
    Temperate climate.
    6 AI civs - obviously at noble.
    4 human civs - at monarch.
    Epic speed.
    All standard victory conditions.
    All default options, other than conquered cities can default to the original civ. Beware.

And in the early days, the strangest phenomen occured: from written and oral records we can determine that all civilizations which settled on the great inland sea, quite independent of each other, came to recognize it as the Bohemian Sea. And the endeavours of the people who bordered it, the Bohemian Epic.
    Attached Files
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

First turn played. Waiting on Hurly's email addy. Note that I am lknown as ToxoXI in this game. (Great British warlord. )
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Just marking my spot.

Comment

First save to Hurlyman. Best of luck all!

Comment

Ephack - you asked about rules for MP games.

First - only play the save once. In other words, if you don't like the battle results, too bad, Do NOT re-open the save and try again.

Secondly - no out of game contact with other human players until contact is made in game. We can joke and talk about game admin or non-game issues, but no game related negotiations until you have met in the game.

Thirdy - map trading - as in screen-shots and the like. To be honest, I can't recall what the general rule is for this. There is a rule being used in the Civ4 Democracy game. Let me look into it and I will get back to you. We won't need the answer for awhile.

That's about it - unless Witt can think of anything else. Any other questions, just ask.

Comment

Concerning map trading (ie, screen-shots) - This is only allowed AFTER both parties would normally be able to trade maps with each other within the game.

Comment

Hey all I just played my turn and forwarded it to Ephack! I have to say I am really excited about this and hope it's a spirited game.

Great rules and I have observed them.

Have a great day. I am gonna go shovel snow.

Comment

Hurly! You sent me your original turn! I'm not Brennus
                Please send me again the file, but the one you saved!

Concerning contacts with other players: once we have met in the game, we can communicate as we want and make any exchange / alliance / decision?

Comment

Dang it all! Sorry about that I just sent you the turn.

My apologies to everyone for the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephack

Concerning contacts with other players: once we have met in the game, we can communicate as we want and make any exchange / alliance / decision?
                    The "exchanges" are still limited by the game mechanics. Ie. trade routes, Writing for tech trades, and currency for gold trading. But yes to alliances and decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurlyman
                      Dang it all! Sorry about that I just sent you the turn.

My apologies to everyone for the delay.
                      No problem. Done the same thing numerous times myself. Right Witt?

(I say that because Witt and I have been in numerous pbem's with each other, and the turn order usually has me passing the save to him. This game is different in that respect. He will be sending it to me.)

Comment

Truely.

Speaking of which....3970 BC Turn sent to Beta.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

3970bc to Hurlyman

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
                            But yes to alliances and decisions.
                            That means that even if two players are marked at war in the game, they could in fact have an alliance (ok, then they won't benefit from the economical advantages of the alliance, but is it possible?)?

3970 to Witt

Comment

Hmm - that's a good point. But if teams are at 'war' in the game, they cannot trade tech and the like. However, I think it would be good to add another 'rule'. teams cannot use being 'at war' in the game to disguise alliances. Should not be a big deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X