Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government

Dave - When you get time, could you tell us a little bit about how Governments are implemented in CTP2? So far, we've heard nothing, so I've grown to assume that it'll be pretty similar to CTP1. Is this the case?

After SMAC, there's a lot of people hoping for something a little more complex than what was in CTP1.

------------------
    - MKL
    "I'm OK. How are you? Thanks for asking, thanks for asking."
    Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org
    [This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited September 27, 2000).]
    - mkl

I would like the computer to address me according to
    the current government statue of my empire. If it's under manarchy, they should call me "Your Majesty the King". if it's republic or democracy, then, "President UserName". or, if it's constitutional manarchy, then they should call me the Prime Minister than.
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Yeah, Governments have stayed basically the same. There's the same numbar and types of Governments with roughly the same functions. Though there has been some fine tuning to how they each work.

The biggest change you'll see is in the organization and comparison of goverments. When comparing Governments to decide which is better you get 9 attributes to compare instead of the 5 from CTP1. I've also tried to make the attributes more descriptive to give a better indication of how the Governments effect the various parts of the game.

Comment

More and more descriptive values is good news. Does this mean we will be able to see how each government effects each value numerically? If not is there a way to look this up?
        Rome rules

Comment

Thanks for the response, Dave. I appreciate it. As long as they're balanced nicely and we have to make meaningful choices each game then I'll be happy.

------------------
          - MKL
          "I'm OK. How are you? Thanks for asking, thanks for asking."
          Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org
          [This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited September 28, 2000).]
          - mkl

Comment

Working...
          X