Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Interface modding questions

Two issues:

1) While searching the forums for an answer to my second issue, I found several recommendations that tweaked files be placed under the CustomAssets folder. So I moved my existing files to that folder, but now they only work when running in single player mode. How do I get them to also work for multiplayer without putting them in the original folder?

2) I would like to enhance the information displayed about a plot when the mouse pointer hovers over it, but I can't find the file(s) where I should make my mods. Alternatively, or subsequently, I might add a toggle button and hot-key (like the Yields or Resources toggles) to display what I'm looking for, but I suspect that will lead to even more questions.

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott

1) I think you can't without making making it a proper mod using the Mods folder structure, and making sure every player in the MP game uses the same mod. The whole point of CustumAssets is that you can put your own modifications there without it affecting MP games (if you don't have the exact same set of files, it will cause OOS errors).

2) That particular bit (mouse-over info) is hard-coded for the most part. You may be able to mod it in the SDK but even then I think your options are limited. Not an option unless you're an experienced C++ coder.

Adding a button may be possible, but you'll have to get into Python coding and it still depends on exactly what you want. The files are in Assets/Python/Screens, adding a button to CvMainInterface.py should be easy enough, but I don't know what kind of functionality you want to attach to it...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

1) That's disappointing. I guess I'll have to put my DomesticAdvisor screen tweaks back into the original file location so I can use them in my "The Ancient Mediterranean" mod MP game. Oh well. It was working before, I was just trying to follow "best practices".

2) What I want to have is a city placement potential info box. Basically when I mouse-over a plot I'd like it to give me the potential yield total (food, hammers, workable plots) for that plot's 20 tile city radius if I were to found a city there. Similar in purpose to the Settler's cyan circle recommendation, but with more info. Speaking of which, is the calculation code for the Settler's recommendation in a Python file, accessible by SDK, or buried even deeper than that? If it's in Python, I can get my hands on it and make it work better.

Comment

Working...
      X