Happiness Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happiness Problem

I had a problem last night in that my cities do not seem to be recognizing all of my happiness resources. Specifically whale, gems and fur. Is there some reason this may have happened? It was very late in the game and the cities were all connected by roads.

Maybe it was a glitch?

the whale gets obsoleted in the late game.
    I don't know a reason for the missing effect of the other resources.
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Fur also obsoletes with Plastics.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Gems, OTOH, do not go obsolete, and produce an extra happiness with Forge. Did you accidentally trade your last one away or some such thing?

Combustion is what makes Whale obsolete.

Comment

Thanks guys. I doubled checked and the gems had fallen out of my borders. I tried looking in the resources section of the Civilopedia, but it didn't mention what made a resource obsolete. It was late in the game and all of a sudden all of my cities were having happiness problems, and that hadn't happened before. I will plan better next time!

Comment

The most reliable source for resource obsolesence, strangely enough, is the tech tree. There is no extraneous information there; mouse-over each icon so you are aware what each represents (especially those with red cross-outs).

Comment

But that will be fixed on the next patch

Right?
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

No, Datajack, the tech tree info will still be there: it will NOT be 'fixed'!
                Additional info might possibly be added into the 'pedia in Warlords.

Comment

That's better
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Full list of resources that go obsolete:
                    Whale : With Combustion
                    Fur : With Plastics
                    Ivory: Sometime in the modern age

The intention is that someone in the world, preferably you, build the wonders that produce happiness resources (Broadway, Rock N Roll, Hollywood) and also build the Effel Tower Wonder or if that fails, Broadcast centers in the larger cities.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

You = the AI on Emperor

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Even on Emperor, rock and roll's not that hard to get, it's a low priority for the AI's.

Comment

Working...
                        X