Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the smacx source code was released....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the smacx source code was released....

what would you modify in the game?

I think the first things I would do would be to change base population from an int to a floating point, to avoid the ocsillation between starvation and growth when nut intake is an odd number.

number two would be to add an order queue to terraformers, so I could map out all their orders so i dont have to move stuff aroud all the time.

The AI needs to be tweaked so that certain settigns are default without cheating. Actually the entire AI could be overhauled but I dont have the programming skills needed to make that work.

The excact same thing can be said for the terrain generation system (although I just found out last week that you can change most of it with alpha.txt).

Theres so much that could be added to the game I could sit here typing forever...

Comment

That is not the only way.

I have a Map Utility Program for AC
      You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
      There is a reason for everything.

Comment

heh, tweak the auto-former AI to plant much more forest.

Comment

More than 7 factions at a time... WAY more. Ability for civil wars and splits and spinoffs.

Comment

Map placement issues need to be fixed (ie I choose a huge map with no ocean and somehow the game STILL manages to start me right next to 4 other factions meanwhile huge landmasses remain empty)

Actually the very first things most people would fix would be bugs like probe rollover and queue copying

Non sea bases should be allowed sea enhancements if they are near sea tiles though
            Last edited by Xian; June 9, 2006, 17:50.

Comment

Working...
            X