Practice Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice Games

I made up 6 different practice games for us to play. The first four are full games with all of our opponents. I used the same setup that has been decided on by the teams. The last two games are short and are suppossed to simulate a single continent. Game number five has Catherine, Frederick, and Kublai; and the 6th game has Qin, Mansu, and Elizabeth.

Difficulty for all games are prince level. All maps are randomly generated, I did not make any changes or even look at the maps.
    Attached Files
    "

great idea !
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

thanks! i will have a shot at these

Comment

Anyone play the 1st game? I hope we get a start like that
        "

Comment

I have to admit, these teams picking emperor level intimidate me somewhat. I haven't really graduated from Noble yet. The fact that we're going to be on Prince will mean even more preparation for barbarians early on.

Comment

I began 5th and thought go 6th after (just one continent and 3 oponents,so begining of a game).
            But I will go back and begin the 1st now.
            BTW,should we speak about the games or not?

Comment

EPW could you do a practice game at monarch ?

sure fed1943, these are just practice

There are alot of vets in the other teams, I higher difficulty is not too shocking. Just real happy with no Diety or Sid

Comment

These pratice games(mostly game 1) show me one thing I already knew,but...I think I'm a decent organizer,researcher and builder(but not as GP and GPP manager)and a weak general;I guess any good general would have already win my game 1.
                So,I hope our general will lead our military to victory.
                Another thing:if the non-stellar begining place is for everybody,then the better skills pay less:a master without food...

Comment

I would like to post here(or send you) my save of the pratice game 1.I didn't finish the game,not necessary,the victory is sure.I think a study about this game would be interesting and may be we learn something useful.
                  If you are interested,please tell me how to do it.

Comment

use the upload found at the top of the page

you will need something to zip it, if I am not mistaken
                    Look for browse, click file to upload-done

Then use post reply(next to new thread)
                    go back to upload
                    go to view, select the file
                    pick direct link (I believe)

paste into message

Comment

banana1.Civ4SavedGame

369204b - 03/03/2006 06:17:12
                      DIRECT LINK | DEL
                      Total folder size 465 Kbytes
                      Attached Files

Comment

After trying several times,I think I got the upload and attachment thing.Thanks for the hints,Platypus.
                        Well,if you like to see it,then I will say,more or less,how I arrived there.Not at all dificult(and lucky at the choises).May be something to learn:with this begining,one must...

Comment

With that great starting position,I looked for a combination of CSslingshot with Pyramids grab,after my warrior got a scout in turn1.So,settler moves6 and settles small tour north,scout explores south and east to find a good commerce site.Maximize hammers.Build warrior.Research fishing.Build work boat.Hunting.Grow(working sea resource and ivory).Work boat,worker.Husbandry,minig,WB,ironworks.Settler.1 warrior leaves Paris to clear fog.Settler goes found Orleans.Worker,barracks in Paris,then 4 axemen(1st and 3rd to Orleans,2nd and 4th to Paris.Orleans:worker(may be it was a mistake and I should build this worker also in Paris)then Oracle.Research:to priesthood,then masonry and to code of laws.Paris begins Pyramids.(Oracle wan't chopped,for Py 2chops off radius).Confucionism founded,not converted.Oracle and Pyramids in same turn.Bureaucracy and Representation.Orleans towards Holy Shrine;Paris founds 3rd city,the military powerhouse.Research machinary.General builds:Paris,wonders,science,military;Orleans,comm erce,gold,religion,military;Lyons,military.(The 4th builded city just much later).Now,military is of top quality and average quantity,increasing.Diplomacy:reasonable.Then military superiority,convert confucionism,good inteligence.The game is won.(Russia at war with England,conquer Mongolia.First attack on Russia.Conquer Russia.Large superiority in all branches.
                          Domination or fake diplomatic victory very close.

The interesting point,IMO:the Oracle+Pyramids thing,depends on?Industrious?The fantastist start(food,hammers,commerce)?Both?
                          Your criticism,please.

Comment

Working...
                          X