Air Defenses against drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Defenses against drop

what do you need to prevent drop? i have this AI base x and its empty and it has no aerospace and i still cant drop because '' of air defenses in city x''

theres no base with units within a half dozen tiles anyway and neither are their any aerospace available closer than 10 tiles

im completly stumped
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Another factor that will prevent air drops is the presence of a needlejet interceptor in a nearby base. That doesn't appear to apply to you.

Can you post a save for us to look at?
    "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
    -- Kosh

Comment

cant really post a sav of a MP game now can i

thats correct, there was prevoiusly some other units but i annihlated them all with choppers to make sure.the area dosnt get much more cleared than it is

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I've had this happen in SP several times and think it has to do with the general SMAC bug of not knowing which bases have which facilities at any given time (see awards of perimeter defenses when taking Hive bases, or Net nodes from Zak). I could very well be wrong though as its been several years since I've encountered this bug. It manifests for me exactly as you've reported: base seems to act as if it has an Aerospace complex when it doesn't.

Sorry that wasn't helpful, but maybe someone has a different experience? In SP I'd try using the scenario editor to give the base an AC and then removing it to see if that resets the flag. In MP though........nothing doing. Do you have a CMN?
        Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

its not that big a deal to involve a CMN.
          guess ill have to build some locusts or something for fast base capturing.

i wouldnt be surprized if there was some sort of data errors on that game at all like that. its quite devoloped.

Comment

This is kind of embarrassing, but what does CMN stand for? I've played in a fair few PBEMs but I never really did find out.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Creator
              Narrator

One who sets up the game, ensures balanced start positions, keeps the passwords, so if someone disappears he can be replaced, is an arbiter in case of unfairness and does many other good things a simple mortal would never think about!
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

does many other good things a simple mortal would never think about!

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
                  This is kind of embarrassing, but what does CMN stand for?
                  peeking here after ages (boredom, curiosity...)

It's moving to see that the definition we coined is still in use, and veterans like you are still unaware of its origin

"We" being Aredhran, cousLee, Goob and me, when setting up the first PBEMs back at ACOL in spring '99....
                  :sigh: :sniff:

At the beginning the CMN even fullfilled the N requirment of his role by keeping an official in-character journal thread of the pbems he created... but I think that got in disuse soon (I sucked at it) so that we thought of dropping the 'N'
                  Although IIRC there have been few cases later of guys who had even put up an *official site* dedicated to a PBEM (I think Veracitas did one)

Nice to see that the likes of Sikander and Googlie are still occasionally posting.
                  bye guys, and...
                  SMAC ON!

(while I get back to r/l & work...)
                  I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Wow, MariOne sighting.
                    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Look who's here!

Hey MariOne, how are you?

Comment

This topic reminded me of one thing - it was only several days ago when I realised that by conquering bases in PBEMs I receive research points. Is it always the case or are there any conditions for that to take place? And is there maybe any formulae or at least general guidelines as to what the amount of RPs depends on?

Comment

MariOne! Good to see you buddy!
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirov
                            This topic reminded me of one thing - it was only several days ago when I realised that by conquering bases in PBEMs I receive research points. Is it always the case or are there any conditions for that to take place? And is there maybe any formulae or at least general guidelines as to what the amount of RPs depends on?
                            That's new for me as well.

Just a wild guess, perhaps it's the same as the number of credits you receive?
                            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

The following seems to stop air drops qiute well for me;
                              Infantry/best weapon/best armor/AAA/Air sup.

Comment

Working...
                              X