No announcement yet.

How to create a multiplayer PBEM game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a multiplayer PBEM game?

I have been trying to make a multiplayer game of smacx for my neices and got kind of lost. It will be the first one I have done so if there are any tips anyone has other than answers to specific questions, feel free to post them here since I will probably need the info later.

First, I have noticed that in the PBEM games that I have played, they have always started at 2102. Why is that? Is the first turn the one in which password gets set?

Second, what can be done to speed up gameplay without taking out the element of strategy? There isn't usually a lot of time for them to play, so I need to come up with a way for them to get through fast, without giving them uberfactions or setting them up against uberfactions which would end the game faster.

Third, they are all fairly new to the game so is there any type of map/scenario/etc. that would be recomended to help them get a handle on main aspects of it quickly?

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.
    $$$Rule of Aquisition 95: Expand...or Die!$$$

Here is Googlie's writeup in the SMAC Academy about how to create Scenarios, which is a majority of how you go about creating a PBEM.

As far as games starting in 2102, why I don't know exactly why that is. Typically either in SP or in a PBEM its 2101.

As far as speeded gameplay is concerned, why small map is about the best answer here. Otherwise if you start giving them units or techs it would definately favour certain Factions over others. The one item that might expedite gameplay without skewing one Faction over another is to give each Faction several MW's. Athough here again this depends on which Factions are involved in the game, why my thought is that the Faction that is the weakest morale-wise is the Gaians, but they get a plus planet rating to compensate for this, so other than the Morganites whose negative planet rating would handicap them in this scenario, why everyone should be on a relatively equal footing when given the same numberr of units. Other than that, don't know what else could help under these conditions.

As far as ramping up playing capabilities are concerned, why visit the SMAC Academy over at CGN (same place where Googlie's writeup is housed). FYI.

D

Comment

Working...
    X