No announcement yet.

State of the Union: What do You think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last warning folks... especially you Giancarlo!
    So much for you watching the game. Sorry...
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      So much for you watching the game. Sorry...
      I'm trying to... but some people are making that hard to do... current score: Duke 39 Wake Forest 45.

But it's half time, so I had to check in here to see how fast this would go down hill.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I'm not talking about the content of the speech, but its trite character and poor mode of delivery.
        Even when I still kind of liked Bush, I was bored to death by his speeches.

He invents his own cliches and then repeats them over and over again.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Excellent speech. Bush laid out a very strong and bold agenda. I do think Bush should not have mentionned those estimates about Social Security. It's impossible to know what the US economy will be like in 30 years from now so you can't give estimates about when SS will go bankrupt and treat them as fact. Bush did not need to give those guesses. We all know that SS is at risk of going bankrupt so Congress needs to reform it now so that all workers can depend on their benefits when they retire.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Harry Reid's speech. He's a bit soft spoken. But it's nice to see a Nevada politician as the top democrat in the senate. He had a decent speech.

I'm not a big fan of Nancy Pelosi though. She really has no business talking about Iraq. Big democratic mistake. You notice Harry Reid didn't mention Iraq.

this illustrates a good democrat, and a bad democrat.

Comment

Great speech. Brought tears to my eyes several times. Bush will go down in history as one of our all time great presidents.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                Great speech. Brought tears to my eyes several times. Bush will go down in history as one of our all time great presidents.

you know I've called people on the left trolls. But I feel this way about Bush supporters. You can't possibly believe Bush is doing a good job. He's an average president at best.

Iraq was a mistake no matter which way you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
                  We all know that SS is at risk of going bankrupt so Congress needs to reform it now so that all workers can depend on their benefits when they retire.
                  It's really a very small minority who still believes that. It's just a scare tactic, and it's not really working anymore.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                    Iraq is a permanent disaster. He will never be able to reform SS, which is what he's betting the farm on. On what basis do you make that judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      It's really a very small minority who still believes that. It's just a scare tactic, and it's not really working anymore.
                      Clinton and Gore said that SS will go bankrupt too. It is not a scare tactic, it is a fact.
                      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

The beginning sucked

The middle was good

The end sucked

Looks like the target of the week is Syria. Can this idiot make a damn speech without calling out a country to pick on????

Were the Congress booing the social security predictions or was that congressmen supporting it because it was a scary situation?

He's not even gonna get anywhere with Social Security.

I did like the idea of universal healthcare.

The gang intervention program headed up by his wife was silly.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I liked the speech, what I saw of it, and yes, Nancy Pelosi looks like she should lay off the eyebrow tweezers.

I do have to say one thing, and this is terrible, but when the Iraqi woman held up her finger to show that she had voted, all I could think of was that she hadn't washed her hand in days.

Comment

?
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat

Clinton and Gore said that SS will go bankrupt too. It is not a scare tactic, it is a fact.

Comment

By the way two things that pissed me off:

1) Mentioning time to reign in runaway spending.

This guy has not vetoed any new spending bill and has run up an unnecessary, expensive war.

2) If I hear the damn word "freedom" one more time I'm gonna throw my tv out the window.
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X