Impossible Victory Achived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible Victory Achived!

For the last few days I've been trying to win by trancendence as the Caretakers, I've done this before by cheating, but I wondered if it would be possible without. To test I played on citisen to make it easier (but it probly made it harder because I had to make the CyC build the VoP and on citizen AI hates building SPs). The game is set up so the Caretakers can't build the VoP, but they can build the Acsent to Trancendense, which lead to two things of intrest: (1) A message saying "Ascent to Transendence: forbidden according to: Caretaker law. Death and destruction: part of Transendence. Caretaker mission: Vendetta upon you: prevention of Transendence!" and (2) the score pop up replaced 'Victory by Trancendence' with '0 objectives achived', but the value remained the same.
    Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Okay, I really don't understand what you're saying. So, are the Caretakers not allowed to build the Ascent to Transcendance and Voice of Planet? I've never actually tried doing it with them, actually, never played the aliens before.

Please explain...

Comment

The Caretakers and Usupers come in search of the sixth manifold, Userpers want to exploit its power, the Caretakers want to prevent the tansendence because the first manifold to flower caused massive destruction and destablized the progenator society, thus creating the Caretakers and Usurpers. Because of this the Caretakers are forbidden to build the Voice of Planet and their law forbids them from trancending, but the game still allows them to build the Accent to Trancendence, and get a victory by trancendence, but when you start construction of the Accent to Trancendence it activates a pop-up saying
      Ascent to Transendence: forbidden according to: Caretaker law. Death and destruction: part of Transendence. Caretaker mission: Vendetta upon you: prevention of Transendence!
      and when you complete the Accent to Trancendence the pop-up that tells you your score replaces the line 'victory by trancendents' it says '0 objectives achived', but the point value remains the same.
      Are you safe from the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide? Learn more at www.DHMO.org.

Comment

In short, you lost...
        Objective (avoid transcendence) not achieved...
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yah, but I got 1377 points for those 0 objectives, just like if it were trancendence, and I managed to declare Vendetta on myself. It ends up the mesagge I saw was an auto responce from the Caretakers against each faction starting the Accent to Trancendence, and the Caretakers arn't supposed to be someone that can.

Comment

I am amazed at the things people try and achieve !!!
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm surprised the game didn't crash. Sounds like one of those game-breaker things....Caretakers declaring vendetta against themselves and getting 0 for achievements.
              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
              *****Citizen of the Hive****
              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Buggy, alright. But no faction can be in vendetta against themselves.
                Unless...
                /me waits for the next ACDG

Comment

You end up not having a Vendetta against yourself because you can have no diplomatic statis against yourself, even after you declare Vendetta against yourself, but you can attack your own units if their inside your enemies base (this involves using the senerio editor and making you base your opponents base, but keeping the defending unit as yourown), also planets sporelaunchers will sometimes attack eachother.

Comment

Planet vs. Planet? Sweet! :b

Comment

It makes it easy to defeat the winning sporelauncher, almost no power left!

Comment

Isn't there still a 3 on 2 bonus?
                        The winning launcher should be down to 50%, not 10%.

Comment

Psi attack when groung units are defending is 3 and defence is 2, but with artillery combat defence is ignored and both units use attack values, so whenever you go into artilery battle against a sporelauncher both your attack values are 3 regardless of whos attacking and whos defending

Comment

So that's why empath artie eats natives.
                            You can't kill NL (other than sporelaunchers) with artie, so you'll need like a Scout to finish them up.

Comment

Actually only Mindworms and Fungal Towers cannot be killed with Arty, all other NL can.

Comment

Working...
                              X