Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassins Game Première: Speed Kills

Welcome

"Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you live from Apolyton where everybody is getting ready for the :) Smiley sponsored Apolyton 500*", said a very excited Imran Siddiqui, "joining me today in the commentary box is our main sponsor, Mr. Smiley, welcome, what are your thoughts on the upcoming race?"
    "Well, I'm very excited about this race, Imran, and I'm very happy that, through our sponsorship, we are able to give ":) Smiley" some exposure, and we certainly hope to encourage the people at Apolyton to use more smilies. "
    "I'm sure you will, Mr. Smiley, but right before the guys get out onto the track for the first training session, let's head down to the pit area, to our pit reporter Anita Blake. Anita, what's the story down there?"

"Imran, it's very hectic down here. I'm standing right outside the pitbox of team Skanky Burning Rubber where Ronnie Joncha's car is being tweaked by his mechanic Trokair. Teamboss Skanky Burns is just walking up to the pitwall after conferring with his head engineer Loinburger. Mr. Burns, Mr. Burns, what are your expectations of the race?"
    "You know I can't tell you too much, Anita, but the team's been on a roll lately. We're leading the championship going into this race, and we're very confident about our chances.", Skanky Burns replied as he put on his headset and took his seat at the pitwall.

"Well, there you have it, Imran, a very confident team boss of a very confident team."
    "Thank you, Anita. Team Skanky Burning Rubber is obviously performing well this season, but it's not the only favorite to win this race. Reighning champion DrSpike Miller will definitely want to defend his title for his team Urban Racer. Yesterday, teamboss Urban Ranger said that the team is all about winning and that they will take no pleasure from a second place. We can expect a lot of action this race because both teams very much share a bitter rivalry. Well, folks, it looks like some tea..."

"Alright, this is it, showtime", race official DarkCloud said as he switched off the television. He directed himself to the race stewards, including HongHu.
    "People, let's be focused, and make sure everything goes smoothly, OK? OK, go to your positions."

As HongHu walked to her position on the Apolyton Oval, she heard a discussion going on between UR Head engineer Rasputin, first mechanic Chaunk, and Ljube Ljcvetko.

"The new petrol regulation is downright rubbish", Chaunk exclaimed.
    "Yea, ever since league was forced to use only one brand of petrol forcing us to switch, our car hasn't performed as well as it did before!", Rasputin added.
    "Calm down, gentlemen", Ljube Ljcvetko said, "you must understand that this rule was implemented to create parity in the league. You cannot hold "Ljube's Lubes" responsible for anything. The situation's the same for everyone."
    "Well, we still don't like it", Chaunk said before Rasputin gestured that it was time to go back to the pitbox.

"It looks like the scene is set for a lot of action", HongHu said to herself.

Alright, with only a pool of fourteen players, there will be only one Assassin. This person has been notified by PM. Hopefully, I can continue the story tomorrow.
    (By the way, I think I will appoint a new Assassin if the current one is eliminated from play within the first three rounds.)

Anyway, gentlemen, start your engines!

Code:
    Alive
    Name
    Role
    &nbsp
    Name
    Role
    Ljube-ljcvetkoLjube's Lubes CEO &nbsp DrSpikeTeam UR Driver
    Urban RangerTeam UR Teamboss &nbsp Skanky BurnsTeam SBR Teamboss
    ChaunkTeam UR Mechanic &nbsp Anita BlakePit Reporter
    TrokairTeam SBR Mechanic &nbsp :) SmileyMain Sponsor
    JonchaTeam SBR Driver &nbsp RasputinTeam UR Engineer
    DarkCloudRace Official &nbsp HongHuRace Steward
    LoinburgerTeam SBR Engineer &nbsp Imran SiddiquiTV Commentator
    Dead
    Name
    Cause of Death
    &nbsp
    Name
    Cause of Death
    &nbsp&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp&nbsp
    Status
    &nbsp
    Votes
    "Night"
    &nbsp &nbsp
    * Note: this does not mean that you should try to get this thread to 500 posts as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Zopperoni; June 2, 2004, 10:48.

brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. thank you Mr. Zopperoni

Intriguing stuff to be roleplaying... sabotauges and stuff.

..A new look on the mafia series! :thumbsup:

--
    DarkCloud walked the race lines, nodding his head and checking that everything was going as planned and that no unforseen difficulties could arise in the race-order.

"Now," he ordered HongHu. We have to be on special lookout for possible frictions between Team Skanky Burning Rubber and Team Ranger and have to ensure that no "trouble" goes on between the two, do you understand?"

Awaiting HongHu's response, DarkCloud slicked back his greying-black hair and sat down to rest and watch the race. Looking at his watch, he noticed that the cars were about to start. He sighed in relief, looking forward to the future. A vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii, perhaps a trip into space aboard Russian Shuttlecraft. Yes. Things were going his way. He was going to retire and he was going to be happy.

Closing his eyes, he drifted off, hoping that this, his final race to officialize would be a memorable one.

(And yet, he would soon discover that it would be memorable... although not in a way that he would wish...)
    Last edited by DarkCloud; June 2, 2004, 09:37.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

(It's Team Skanky Burning Rubber versus Team Urban Racer
      DrSpike is UR's race driver )

Comment

At least I'm not a pimp this time.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Nice chart!
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

What a colourful chart

Comment

Me likey.
                I wonder if I can install a few weapons on the car to give my team an "advantage".
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Only if you choose one of these two as your new avatar, Skanky.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    I wonder if I can install a few weapons on the car to give my team an "advantage".
                    We'd be derelict in our duties if we didn't come equipped with flashbombs and gas arrows...
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The Chief Engineer Rasputin sat back in the Sponsoirs box and enjoyed some fine red wine. He waved to some excited groupies outside but they were more interested in DrSPike than himself. Oh well he thought that is what the young want, the rich and handsome drivers got all the limelight. As for himself he was more interested in catching a glimpse of the stunning HungHu.

He plugged in his headphones and sat back to listen to his Pit Crew give final instructions to the driver.
                      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Perhaps some water arrows.

Oooh, this turn coming up is a bad one. Errr, where does the road start turning? *whack* into the track wall.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well we gotta have a nice chart. After all, this deals with a race and the chart is our scoreboard .

---

Imran Siddiqui takes a swig of whiskey before the start of the race in order to get himself ready to talk about 500 miles of left turns. While doing so, he is thinking about catchy catch-phrases in order to make the people watching at home think he is a moron (not far from the mark anyway ) and also to pay attention. He sat back in his chair and waited for the race announcer to tell the racers to start their engines.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

good scoreboard/chart

I like it!
                            -->Visit CGN!
                            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Episode 1: Warming Up

"Well, folks, the first training session has ended and a number of teams have showed themselves during that session", Imran Siddiqui said, "Ronnie Joncha set the fastest time, but DrSpike Miller isn't far behind him, only two tenths of a second. We'll have a second training session tomorrow, so be sure to tune in again tomorrow."

As the last crowd of spectators was leaving the circuit after the first training, there were a lot of smiles in the pitbox of Skanky Burning Rubber Racing. Teamboss Burns, driver Joncha and all the engineers and mechanics were all congratulating each other on a successful session.
                              Meanwhile, the team of Urban Racing knew it had a job on its hands to make a mark in the second session tomorrow. DrSpike Miller was conferring with head engineer Rasputin and his chief mechanic Chaunk. Team owner Urban Ranger sat quietly in his office thinking about possible strategies to follow.

In the official's office, DarkCloud was debriefing his staff and praised them for their good job during today's session. After the debriefing, HongHu went home with a good feeling. DarkCloud stayed behind because he had an appointment with the main sponsor, Mr. Smiley.
                              "Mr. Cloud, I have to say, you've done a fantastic job today and I certainly hope that it continues throughout this event."
                              "Thank you, Mr. Smiley, here at the Poly 500 we aim to please everyone and I am confident that we will be able to do a good job, and give the event and your company the publicity it deserves."
                              "Most excellent, because we are seriously considering extending the sponsorship contract."

After finishing up on some paperwork, DarkCloud locked his office to go home.

The following morning, DarkCloud arrived at the course with a smile on his face. "Today is going to be a great day", he thought to himself.
                              When walking to his office, he saw a number of mechanics having breakfast in the paddock and he greeted them.
                              "Goodmorning, Trokair!"
                              "Goodmorning, Mr. Cloud."
                              "Are you guys ready for the second training session?"
                              "Absolutely, the car's running great and we're feeling great as well."
                              "That's great, good luck!"

As DarkCloud ascended the stairs to his office, he looked to his left and thought he saw a pair of shoes. He descended and decided to take a closer look. It wasn't just a pair of shoes he saw when he looked around the corner.
                              On the floor lied a body with a plastic bag over its head, and a knocked-over jerrycan of "Ljube's Lubes" motor oil was on the floor next to it. DarkCloud immediately called the track doctor.
                              "He's dead", the doctor diagnosed. At this time, a crowd had gathered around the body.
                              "Who is it?", Skanky Burns asked, "pull the bag off his head!"
                              The doctor pulled the plastic bag off and the head of Ljube Ljcvetko was revealed.
                              "Cause of death seems to be asphyxiation caused by a plastic bag being pulled over the victim's head", said the doctor.
                              "What's that?", Rasputin asked. He was pointing to a vertical stripe on his suit made with some sort of lubricant.
                              "A sign of struggle, or a sign of the killer?", Anita Blake asked.
                              "Let's not draw any quick conclusions", DarkCloud said.
                              "I'm sure you understand that we want a full statement from you on this", Anita said.
                              "There will be a briefing in the restaurant in thirty minutes. I want everyone who's involved in this race to be there."

Mr. Smiley had already arrived as well and was looking at DarkCloud. Both men went to the official's office.
                              "Mr. Cloud, this was not the publicity I was hoping for!"
                              "I understand, Mr. Smiley, but I can assure you that this was not part of the plan."
                              "I hope so. I wasn't planning on promoting the frown-smiley this event. Now what are you going to do about it?"
                              "Since this must be an inside job, we will hold a closed ballot vote. Everyone involved will be allowed to cast a vote on who they think was the killer. The one with the most votes will be punished."
                              "That had better work, Mr. Cloud."

Everybody sat anxiously in the restaurant. DarkCloud entered the restaurant with Mr. Smiley.
                              "Settle down everybody, I have something to make clear."
                              "What are the plans?", Anita asked.
                              "Well, I have decided that we will hold an internal vote on who we think is the killer. You will all hand me a ballot with your name and your vote. After 24 hours I will announce the individual who has the most votes and that person will be punished. That will be all, good luck today."

Alright, send in all your PMs with the votes to me within the next 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X