Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea colony pods??

Hey there
    Does anyone have an idea of how do disable sea colony pods?? I want to play an exclusively land grab game.

Thanks

Simply disable the colony pod module in alphax.txt. As the standard land colony pod is included in the #UNITS list, you'll still be able to produce that one, and I think even be able to retro-engineer it to eg a drop colony pod once you have the necessary tech.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Thanks!
      I was wondering now however, with the retro-engineering...would the AI be able to take advantage of such a practice?

Comment

Unfortunately the AI doesn't use retro-engineering, ie assembling new unit designs out of components of basic or mind controlled units. If they mind control a unit though, the AI does tend to build exact copies of that.
        However in your specific case, since you want to avoid sea colony pods, the AIs not retro-engineering is actually good. Otherwise they could retro-engineer sea colony pods after all, after they got DocFlex. You can still do that, but you'll just need to self-police yourself.

Comment

Thanks again....
          You have answered everything in a nutshell

Comment

You cant retro Enginer something if the armor/weapon/ability is actualy DISABLED

Rather you will need to design later chassie version of the Colony Pod, a Drop Pod, an Air Pod, a Grav Pod ect ect.

Remember to add them to the BOTOM of the list and to add to the number at the top of the list for each one you add.

Infact you can put in SeaColony Pod and link it to any tec you like to simply delay Sea Bases untill say Nanometalurgy or something like that (which I did in my Mod).
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
              Simply disable the colony pod module in alphax.txt.

Are you sure? I tried to disable it, but it still shows up when choosing what to build (and yes, I started a new game)

Could you say which line I have to do what in? Maybe I found the wrong line...
              Last edited by Adagio; January 21, 2005, 14:06.
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Nobody who visits this forum anymore?

Comment

We're still around. I don't know how to do this stuff, but just remember that the Pirates will have a pretty tough game if they spawn in the open water.
                  #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                  #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Wont make any difference, since they're not in my game (I've deleted them from the game)

I just don't like sea cities... they just make the game too boring...

Comment

Woops, sorry for the... err... slight delay. I'll check it out tonight and report back tomorrow.

Comment

No, you must study!!
                        He who knows others is wise.
                        He who knows himself is enlightened.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

In alphax.txt (or alpha.txt if you don't have SMAX) you have to change the following line under the heading #WEAPONS

Code:
                          Colony Module,        Colony Pod,     0, 8,10, -1, [b]None[/b],     ; Noncombat packages
                          into
                          Code:
                          Colony Module,        Colony Pod,     0, 8,10, -1, [b]Disable[/b],  ; Noncombat packages
                          Oh yes, unlike Impaler I am able to retro-engineer the basic colony pod design.

Comment

Thx a lot

Comment

Working...
                            X