Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusader Kings 1.02

It's ready.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---- Changes done to 1.02 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* BUGFIXES
    - Fixed all reported and reproducable crashes.
    - Fixed a bug in the character pruner which caused the scenarios to not load anymore.
    - Wars with oneself should no longer be around after inheritances.
    - Mercenary defects should no longer crash, but work properly.
    - Advances are now saved per regiment.
    - Fixed some minor problems with the eu2 converter.
    - Fixed bug that caused children to be born with no culture
    - Fixed a few memory leaks that happened while playing. (Some very huge ones.)
    - Fixed a bug where you could not create titles if they were entirely given out to vassals.
    - Fixed a bug with attrition not being calculated on all troops in an area.
    - Made a minor optimisation at the arrival of a new day.

* GAMEBALANCE
    - You can no longer grant duke and king titles to anyone without a current demesne.
    - You can now only grant titles to your vassals and courtiers.
    - Now only christians can be appointed as bishops from create bishopry.
    - You now lose the piety given when revoking the title of a bishopry.
    - Removed the old "lose 1 badboy every four years" code.
    - Characters unfit for command will no longer be assigned regiments to lead
    - Random Cousin's appearance now more random (no more Clones)
    - Random Cousin's attributes now always quite low (beeing inherited by a random cousin should be penalized)
    - Random Cousin's now start with a negative prestige (-50) (beeing inherited by a random cousin should be penalized)
    - Random Cousin's now has a finished adult education (of a poor variant).
    - Pope now never assign Bishops in orthodox bishopries
    - Regiments with size<1 should now be immidiatly removed
    - No females or children will ever command troops again.
    - Giving out a title now reduces badboy.
    - There is now less badboy from enforcing a claim through defensive war.
    - Tweaked badboy regain from piety to dependent on difficulty settings and a new formula.
    - Characters should no longer get opposite traits from events.
    - Papalcontroller is now determined as intended.
    - Fixed the effect of Royal Posts.
    - Reduced supportcost of religious structures.

* INTERFACE FIXES
    - Added a button to disband an entire army.
    - Fixed the usurp tooltips order.
    - Fixed the x100 in the supportable troops tooltip.
    - Fixed the name error on the Grand Shipyard.
    - The correct modified build time is now shown in tooltips for a building.
    - Fixed a problem with tooltips leaking through in the province view when siege is going on.
    - Fixed the leaking through tooltips in the grant-title interface.
    - Sliders can no longer move outside legal position
    - Religion is now always considered first for the shape of CoA, so christian rulers will never get other looks.

* AI
    - AI is less likely to revoke titles now, and will not revoke titles of his sons just to give them back again.
    - Mongols should now be a tad bit more on the offensive.

* MODDING SUPPORT
    - Added a "type = combat" condition which is true if the character is CURRENTLY commanding a regiment in a battle.
    - Added a "type = siege" condition which is true if the character is CURRENTLY commanding a regiment in a siege.
    - Added a "type = ai" condition which is true if the character is part of an AI realm.
    - Added "ruler_gold/ruler_prestige/ruler_piety" conditions to province events.
    - Added a "type = ai" condition which is true if the province is part of an AI realm.
    - Added difficulty & aggressiveness condition to all types of events.
    - Added a "type = badboy value = VAL" condition for character events.

* EVENTS & GENERIC SETUP
    - Fixed a few balance bugs among the events.
    - Added a set of events for bankruptcies.
    - Fixed a problem which caused quite a few trait events to not trigger.
    - Eventeffect peace now works (fixes 'heathens splintered events')
    - Added a large amount of new possible dynasties.
    - Revised logics for advance spreads quite alot.
    - Added a large amount of battle/command related events.
    - Armies created from events should now get correct leader.
    - Added age restriction to females starting education (must now be 5 years old)
    - Added max age restriction for starting an education (no new education after 15 years old)
    - Removed max age cap to finishing education - all will now finish (eventually)
    - Added difficulty setting modifiers to the early childhood death event
    - Added difficulty setting modifiers to the regular death event
    - Fixed broken death-->sainthood event to make it possible for it to trigger.
    - Enemy claimholders should now actually get claims from the event.

* 1066 SCENARIO
    * Changed the scenario start data to 25th december 1066 (the coronation of William the Bastard)
    * Apulia
    - Fixed the Hauteville families:
    - Added the wives of Tancred
    - Added a brother and nephew of the Guiscard, both named Serlo
    - Corrected the Guiscard's wife and children
    - Added Roger's wife/corrected children
    - Added the Guiscard's sister, married to Richard of Aversa
    - Added marriages for above
    * Capua
    - Fixed the Aversa dynasty of Capua:
    - Added Richard of Aversa's son and wife
    - Corrected his father and brother
    - Removed a couple of redundant (dead) cousins.
    * Salerno
    - Moved William of Principate and Roger to Apulia
    - Added the Lombard prince Gisulf as brother of Sigelgaita, and their parents.
    - Changed election laws to semi-salic
    * France:
    - Rework entirely the vassality setup
    - Added historically correct Counts for:
    Evreux, Nevers & Auxerre, Forez, Bolougne
    - Added ancestry, wives and children for the above
    - Several minor data updates
    - Changed Flanders to a Duchy
    - Added the Duchy of Burgundy to France.
    - New county of Bourbon, vassal of Duchy of Bourgogne
    - Macon is now vassal of Bourgogne
    - Count of Nevers is now vassal of Bourgogne
    (remaining provinces in the Duchy remian part of the Empire as direct vassals of the King)
    * Duchy of Anjou
    - The Count of Anjou is now the Duke of Anjou
    - New Count in Vendôme
    - Touraine is now longer a bishopric. Corrected ruler
    * Duchy of Poitiers-Aquitaine
    - Poitiers is now the capital of Duchy of Poitiers-Aquitaine
    - New county in Thouars
    - Saintonge is now Poitiers's
    - Corrected Angoulême's ruler
    - Albret is now Poitiers's
    - Labourd is now Poitier's
    - Corrected Bearn ruler
    - Corrected Armagnac ruler
    - Corrected Agen ruler
    - New County in Périgord
    - Auvergne is no longer a Duchy but a vassal county of Poitiers
    - Corrected Limousin ruler
    - Bourges is now a bishopric vassal of Poitiers
    * Duchy of Toulouse
    - Rouergue is now part of the demise of Duke of Toulouse
    - Corrected Foix ruler
    - Montpellier is now part of Carcassonne
    - Corrected Carcassonne ruler
    - Rouergue is now demesne of Duke of Toulouse
    - Gévaudan is now vassal of Toulouse
    * Duchy of Champagne
    - Chartres is now demesne of Champagne
    - New county of Sens
    - Reims is now a bishopric vassal of Champagne
    - Vexin is now part of County of Amiens
    - Corrected ruler of Amiens
    - Corrected ruler of Vermandois
    * Brittany:
    - Made the Duke independent and the Count of Léon his vassal.
    - Added/updated the Counts of Rennes, Penthievre and Léon
    - Added ancestry, wives and children for the above where missing
    * Germany
    - Made Heinrich the Salian, Duke of Franconia, King of Germany, Italy and Burgundy
    - Deleted the copies of him and family.
    - Restructured the Duchies, so Germany now consits of the following Duchies
    Upper Lorraine,Lower Lorraine, Saxony, Franconia, Swabia, Bavaria, Thuringia, Meissen
    Brandenburg, Austria, Kärnten, Verona, Milan, Provence
    - Made the vassals for these Duchies more logical
    - Added the Duchy of Tuscany to Germany
    - Added Historically correct counts or Dukes (or expanded the existing families) for
    Austria, Nurnberg, Kärnten, Verona, Briesgau, Nordgau, Sundgau, Upper Lorraine
    Tuscany, Verdun, Besancon, Geneva, Aargau, St Gallen, Bavaria, Pfalz, Laustiz
    Wiemar, Meissen, Munster, Anhalt, Thuringia
    * The Low Countries
    - Holland and West Freisland now ruled by Bishop of Sticht
    - Zeeland ruled by Dirk of Holland (dynasty moved to 79)
    - Breda now ruled by duke of Lower Lorraine (county never existed but ownership can not clearly be given to surrounding rulers)
    - Gent now ruled by Robert the Flanders
    * Spain:
    - Added the Kigndom of Galacia.
    - Rewroked the Protugal set up.
    - El Cid is now quite a bit better.
    - Expanded characters.
    * 1066 Bug Fixes:
    - No more 0,0,0,0 characters.
    - The children of the King of Denamrk now have the same Dynasty as their father.
    - The child of the Duke of the Western Isles is now the same dynasty as his father.
    - The Duke of Meissen is no Longer Swedish.
    - Fixed the tags for the Duchy of Krakow.
    - Removed the Duchy of Stiermark, solving that problem.
    - Added hill forts to provinces which had small castles.
    - The Duchy of Mar is one again creatable.

I've just started a game as the Prince of Antioch... great improvements. Most noticeble is the the AI seems to make much better use of it's (and it's vassal's) troops, and the Byzantium Empire no longer implodes right away.
    Last edited by General Ludd; April 30, 2004, 12:32.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

"Fixed bug that caused children to be born with no culture"

Shouldnt all children be born without culture?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Don't you read to your kids in the womb?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: Crusader Kings 1.02

Originally posted by General Ludd
        [ Most noticeble is the the AI seems to make much better use of it's (and it's vassal's) troops,
        I may of spoken too soon on this, it seems that the AI is still falling to sleep alot of the time... although there are occasional moments where it works well.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Now only christians can be appointed as bishops from create bishopry
          No Jewish bishops. I object
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I totally missed that this game came out. how is it?

Comment

No Jewish bishops. I object
              Previously, Muslim courtiers (which you'd have if you've conquered a significant amount of Muslim land) could be appointed as Bishops. Leading apparantly to Muslim Popes.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

Anyways, 1.02 is great. Having a really fun game (my second game of CK, and my first in 1.02) as the Duke of Catalonia. I miss Vicky's intricate economic policy, though.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

I've got it. A bit disappointed, so far, actually. Although I did manage to pick it up cheaply from an independent games shop.

There's still a whole heap of bugs; easy stuff that should have been ironed out.

Playing as Pisa, I became controller of the Pope, despite not being a blood relative. In fact, the Pope had no relatives except for bastards. My high peity may have been the reason. Unfortunately, my sons were then stripped away from my court to become bishops, despite being 8 and 6 years old. To add insult to injury, the eight year old bishop of Firenze refuses to become my vassal.

Playing as the Duchy of Bohemia, I hunted in vain for a bride for my son and heir, but I gave up in frustration, and gave him a county to keep my prestige up. Within a month, he's married himself to a midas-touched eighteen year old daughter of William the Conquerer, and to cap it all, she's actually quite pretty. On the plus side, they've already spawned a sprog with good stats and none of daddy's deformities.

The game could really use a match-maker system for marriage, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman
                    The game could really use a match-maker system for marriage, IMO.
                    True, but it's probably far too late to add it in.

Implementing such a thing would certainly require lots more coding, testing, translation efforts, etc. than the average patch.
                    DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

What about a 'top 10 most eligible brides and batchelors' system?

I finally managed to get an independent duchy to become my vassal. I married my daughter to the heir to the throne, and to my surprise, the heir came to my court. He had good stats, so I made him my chancellor. I also had control over their children's education.

When his dad died, he was only to happy to become a vassal to his dear old father-in-law, after spending years working in my court. Which I thought was pretty cool.

The game really needs to get a better message filter going. It would be nice to filter out the irrelevant courtiers and just get the important births, marriages and deaths.

Comment

Since a no-frills marriage maker is already made by a fan, I don't think a better one would be impossible for Johan. It just isn't as high priority as bug crunching....
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

Hey, I would just *love* to see all those improvements made too, I kid you not...it's just that, personally, I don't see them coming in the near future (ie: patch 1.03 or 1.04).

I would be pleasantly surprised if I was wrong, of course.

Originally posted by Grumbold
                          Since a no-frills marriage maker is already made by a fan, I don't think a better one would be impossible for Johan. It just isn't as high priority as bug crunching....
                          Are you talking about Peter Ebbesen's program? It works, but it's not as clear, bug-free and user-friendly as many people would want (even he admitted that himself).

So it's not impossible to make such a program, certainly not, but it's unlikely that its functionality could become an integral part of the already existing interface and gameplay (ie: through a graphical ledger).

Still, it's actually possible that once a good, stable, external fan-made application is created, perhaps Johan could be convinced of including it in a future patch. But I suppose he's far too busy with CK, Victoria, HoI2, etc. to make one from scratch himself in the coming months.
                          DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

If he's too busy, he should employ more programmers.

God, I hate the patch em and mod em mentality. Sucking the life out of PC games, and especially PC strategy.

Comment

Professor Ebbesen have made a tool that finds suitable wives and bachelors. It's in beta though.

Sandman: I totally disagree. The patches from Paradox makes their games much better by not only getting rid of bugs, but also implementing new functions and such. And the modding support from Paradox have done so that all their games have a much longer life.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X