Changing/Modifying values of Picks in MOO2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing/Modifying values of Picks in MOO2

Recently we have begun playing MOO2 after a long lull.

Does anyone know of a program, editor, or trainer that can modify the point values of the various "picks" when choosing/building a custom race?

In other words, is there a way to alter the numbers to make some of the choices less costly pointwise.

It has been about 6 Years since we last installed M002, so any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

PickHack is best. Backup ur original racestuf.lbx first ! What picks u plan to change ?

PK
    Attached Files

Comment

P-K,

Thanks for the information and awesome program!

We are trying to beef up our custom race to be more competitive against the computer foes. After playing MOO3, MOO2 seems a much more challenging and formidable opponent!

Does changing the custom race data allow the computer similiar advantages in "picking" or "fortifying" its races, or do these changes only affect our custom race?

Thanks again for your prompt and informative post!

Unlike many MOO2 hacks, this one has a windows interface and works superbly.

Comment

No need to do that, just use one of the many strong races.

Unification government
        Tolerant, +1 production, large
        Aquatic, +1 production, +50% growth, rich, large
        Aquatic, subterranean, +50% growth or +1 production
        Subterranean, +1 food, +1 production, large
        Creative, aquatic, large
        Aquatic, omniscient, artifacts, rich, large
        Aquatic, telepathic, rich, large

Democracy government
        Lithovore, rich, large
        Aquatic, +1 BC
        Creative, aquatic

Regular government
        Subterranean, Lithovore, +50% growth, large
        Subterranean, aquatic, +100% growth, rich, large
        Tolerant, Lithovore
        Tolerant, +1 food, +2 production
        Aquatic, +100% growth, +2 production, rich, large
        Creative, aquatic, +1 production, artifacts, large
        Creative, Lithovore, rich
        Telepathic, Lithovore, artifacts, large
        Telepathic, feudal, aquatic, rich, +50 ship offense, omniscient

Comment

Has anyone had the game screw up after you modify the values? I used it once and it worked fine, but now I can't pick custom with out the game crashing. I tried to replace racestuf.lbx but that didn't solve the problem.

Comment

also you can edit the save file to make your uber race. +100 bonus to food production/industry/science with all the good traits.

Comment

If you make a custom race with too many picks, the game will remember this, and crash the game the next time you pick "custom race." This might be your problem, Moo2hack.

If that's the problem, go to your Moo2 folder, and delete the file "lastrace.rac".

Comment

PickHack is best. Backup ur original racestuf.lbx first ! What picks u plan to change ?

also you can edit the save file to make your uber race. +100 bonus to food production/industry/science with all the good traits.

Any way this can be done with a Mac?

Comment

If Corion 2 doesn't work with the mac then you'd need to get the save file format from somewhere and write your own program for it. I could probably do that, provided that the save file formats are the same for both versions(probably are).

Comment

erm to clarify, I could get you the save file format information that you'd want, not write the program, I don't have a compiler that will work for macs.

Comment

PickHack and other popular tools for "modding" MoO 2 don't seem to work under Win7. :/
                      Can anyone confirm this, or there's something wrong with my machine/my game copy/myself?

Comment

Never used PickHack, but if it is an old Win95 type app, it won't work in Win7. If it is a Dos app, then you should be able to get it to work in DosBox.

Comment

Working...
                        X