Changing the rules of MOO2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the rules of MOO2?

Is it possible to change to rules in a civ fashion to eleminate titan-size ships from the game? I just hate these buggers.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

No. Why do you hate them? You mean building or fighting?

Comment

They make warfare a bit too destructive to my taste.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Titans are bad? Wait till the doomstars rolling out
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The Meltpot editor allows you to eliminate techs from the game that should do it.
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Hmz, maybe I meant death star. It's actually been a while since I got down to playing MOO2 and I haven't gotten that far yet in my latest game.
            But more specifically, I hate anything that renders warfare into a annihilate-the-colony-game instead of a conquer-the-colony-game.

Garth, where can I find that editor?

Comment

DS are the biggest, but by the time the AI has them they are already being boiled and just don't know it.

The tail end of most TBS games are like that.
              Last edited by vmxa1; March 10, 2004, 16:41.

Comment

I last found it with a google on meltpot Moo2 or something like that.

Or you can PM me your email and I can send it to you when I get home if I can find it!
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Try here, they have lots of utilities:

ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/Utilities/

Comment

so you want to remove the stellar converter, not a ship class.

Comment

You don't need to remove the stallar converter, just don't put it on doomstars.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                        Try here, they have lots of utilities:

ftp://ftp.sff.net/pub/people/zoetrope/MOO2/Utilities/
                        Thanks!

Comment

he might be playing multiplayer Urban Ranger(plus the ai has the tendency of putting it on every ship it can)

Comment

I got some news for you. Just a few battlecruisers can make short work of any colony....

Comment

Yup BB's are all I use for the most part. Many games I never build any Titans or DS. If I do, it is just for giggles or planet destruction.

I sometimes like to make 4 titans, if I have the tech, to put my leaders on. Then it is easy to find them once I have the fleet spread all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X