Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would ancient Civ II strategy threads interest you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gramphos
    you may try to search www.archive.org you will be surpriced of what you canh find in sush a place...
    Surprised is fine, but I did not see anything that had to do with Civ.

Comment

you need to know what to search for...
      Apolyton CS is the biggest site about the best strategy game and it's sequels, Civilization
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hmm, now I've got the front page for a cool Civ site by the name of Apolyton.net. Thanks, but I already found it.

Comment

And the date...

Comment

I still don't notice anything about OCC.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              To be honest if you make it that far and have the right resources nearby the spaceship isn't that bad.
              That's what I remember... that unlike civ 2, civ 3 required luck on the resources... That even if you were doing great, you were screwed if the resources to build the ship weren't available. Yep... doesn't sound like fun to me either if you waste tons of time only to find out you don't have a chance.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You need to search fo a more specific thing on theweb archive... I just gave an example of hat it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

That's what I remember... that unlike civ 2, civ 3 required luck on the resources... That even if you were doing great, you were screwed if the resources to build the ship weren't available. Yep... doesn't sound like fun to me either if you waste tons of time only to find out you don't have a chance.
                  You tried Civ3 OCC? It is tough isn't it. Of course the resources are a good SP addition for normal games, because if you don't have/cannot 'attain' resources it's your own fault. For OCC........bah.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    Did they get deleted in an upgrade?
                    Originally posted by Locutus
                    I think they were part of the UBB archives, which IIRC were never converted to vBB.
                    Originally posted by Ming
                    That is correct
                    But what hapenned to UBB threads?
                    Many threads in UBB format still exist. But there are no lists of threads for individual forums now (so you must know the link in advance, you can't browse them). Now under 'Forum Jump' there is only Civ2-Multiplaying under the 'archive' section, no other Civ2 forums.
                    But they existed for some period even after the switch to vBB. Were they deleted or they are hidden only?

Originally posted by Locutus
                    I think they were part of the UBB archives, which IIRC were never converted to vBB.
                    If I remember correctly, there were
                    a) common UBB forums and
                    b) archived UBB forums.
                    Common forums were copied into vBB and they exist in both versions.
                    Archived UBB versions may be lost... (??) Anyway they existed for some period after the UBB-vBB switch, but now for example the famous The Civ2 Battle Equation Solution thread is lost (Eggman, Buenos, and Euclid discovered the battle algorithm there).
                    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Oldest thread I can find (from 2/99!):

Comment

Hm, it's only the first page that's viewable...

Carolus

Comment

I want the damn old threads. markos, do the conversion.

Comment

yeah, do it.

Comment

And Markos, while peeling patatos, snaps his fingers, and all the old threads are back.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah memories...

I still remember the thread that turned me from an unregistered lurker into an Apolyton poster. How long can you wander around with your first Settler before you get Barbs from goody huts. Memories...
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X