This is a sort of a double post, most of this info also appears in the Test-of-Time forum (albeit scattered throughout that Post). Apologies for any trasgression.
I have created another scenario (within a modpack) for Test-of-Time, called "Multiverse"
Scenario has as 2 alternate worlds which also have Civs that need to be traded with or conquered. (the discovery of "Interdimensional Portals" allows the player to build portals to transit to these other realms - each world is similar geographically to the World-1 map, but is not identical.)
Scenario also includes submarines which can "dive" to the deep ocean provided that they are not over the continental shelf.
I have maximised the number of animated sprites used. (This is ToT after all).
There are a number of extra "Ancient" units pre-Gunpowder, (as far as possible these have "in-context" recycled, animated sprites) including :
- Ambassador (early diplomat with more correct image for its time)
- Mounted Legion (Comitatensis)
- Battering Ram
- Siege Tower
The game has been designed to be much harder to win at, than in normal Civ2.
- Most "Global" wonders (e.g. Pyramids, Leonardo's, Magellans etc.) are disabled
Some terrain is Impassable to most units.
- Stealth Aircraft are truly stealthy
- City walls are less effective protection than before (the new "Battering-Ram" unit and Cannons etc. can now breach City Walls.)
- As well as Barbarians, maurading Norsemen can also be a problem.
- Not all units are permitted on all worlds. (On one of the alternate worlds no internal combustion machines work, On another, the environment is inmical to most animal life.)
- Some units are no longer bribable and,
- Railways are delayed until very much later in the game.
Thus players may have to modify their usual Civ2 play strategies.
There are 2 ways to win. One - destroy all the other civs.
Two - Trade techs with the other Civs to reach "Trancendence"
(Certain Civs can onlty research Certain Techs)
No Starships I'm Afraid.
More detail available at http://kestrel18.tripod.com/
For any of those of you who are not yet engrossed in the new CTPII,
The various zip files can be picked up from : http://kestrel18.tripod.com/Multiverse
Read about the various units and their abilities here : http://kestrel18.tripod.com/Multivin...erse-Units.htm
Any other queries, please e-mail me or post here.