Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVS Server

Hello All,

The department has put up a firewall, port 2401, the cvspserver port, is blocked. However, the ssh port (22) is still open. So to access the cvs server use the following CVSROOT

my CVSROOT would be

CVSROOT=':ext:mike@setup23a.cs.ualberta.ca:/home/cvsroot'
    CVS_RSH=ssh
    export CVSROOT CVS_RSH

You will have to send me a ssh public key for this to work.

Mike

Comment

Hi,
      How can i get cvs access (read only) to take a look at the actual status of the port.
      Cu

Comment

Let's make a sourceforge acct for this.

There will be webspace.. CVS.. an infrastructure all in place, all for free.

Comment

Sourceforge only allows projects using the GPL, so you can't do that.

Comment

It allows any open source-type licenses.
            You just have to specify which, or upload your own.

Comment

Yes, you're right - I misremembered. Still, I'm fairly sure our license is incompatible with any open source license (although nothing in the OSI definition is obviously in conflict with it, certainly the Activision license is strongly against the spirit of open source).

Comment

The CtP2 source code is not open-source (for one thing, the license does not allow for the completely free and unrestrictred distribution of code or derived products), hence SourceForge is not an option.
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Has anyone made some contacts to get an updated license? The Jagged Alliance 2 source was recently released, and they had a *much* more reasonable redistribution license (not a EULA) -- non-commercial purposes only, and a clause that entitles the copyright holders to any modifications that you distribute. Neither of those are show-stoppers for a commercial game's source release. The CTP2 license, OTOH, has numerous showstoppers that make spending any time improving the code an undesirable proposal for a number of people.

It really doesn't matter that Activision has said "Oh, we really didn't mean *that*", because it is likely that they will change their interpretation at some point in the future as soon as somebody does something that they happen not to like. If they really mean it (regarding CVS and porting to linux, etc), then they need to publish the necessary exceptions/updates to the license in writing.

Comment

Can anybody tell me how do you get g++ version 3.3 I think to compile the tech_wllist.h, I just put the file into a test.cpp and I get this error message:

Code:
                    $ c++ test.cpp -o test
                    In file included from test.cpp:1:
                    tech_wllist.h:233: warning: `tech_WLList::Link' is implicitly a typename
                    tech_wllist.h:233: warning: implicit typename is deprecated, please see the 
                       documentation for details
                    tech_wllist.h: In member function `long unsigned int 
                       tech_WLList::RemoveDuplicates()':
                    tech_wllist.h:495: error: parse error before `=' token
                    tech_wllist.h:502: error: parse error before `=' token
                    I hoped to get with g++ a more usable error message then with .NET, it looks like M$ started to respect the standart.

The offending code is:

Code:
                    template< class T >
                    tech_WLList< T >::Link *tech_WLList< T >::NewLink(
                    	Link *pPrevLink,
                    	Link *pNextLink )
                    {
                    	Link *pNewLink = m_memory->New();
                    	if ( pNewLink )
                    	{
                    		pNewLink->pPrev = pPrevLink;
                    		pNewLink->pNext = pNextLink;
                    		m_length++;
                    	}

return pNewLink;
                    }
                    Link is defined as nested struct in tech_Whilst and looks like this:

Code:
                    protected:
                    	struct Link
                    	{
                    		Link *pPrev;
                    		Link *pNext;
                    		T element;
                    	};

Link *NewLink( Link *pPrevLink, Link *pNextLink );
                    T is a template argument of the tech_Wllist struct:

Code:
                    template< class T >
                    class tech_WLList
                    {
                    -Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                      Can anybody tell me how do you get g++ version 3.3 I think to compile the tech_wllist.h, I just put the file into a test.cpp and I get this error message:
                      Hi Martin,

Try this

Code:
                      template< class T >
                      typename tech_WLList< T >::Link *tech_WLList< T >::NewLink(
                          Link *pPrevLink,
                          Link *pNextLink )
                      {
                          Link *pNewLink = m_memory->New();
                          if ( pNewLink )
                          {
                              pNewLink->pPrev = pPrevLink;
                              pNewLink->pNext = pNextLink;
                              m_length++;
                          }

return pNewLink;
                      }

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike this works.

-Martin
                        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

So, can I, as a completely dumb Linux user, have some hints on this one? Is there a current zip with files that need to be changed in order for this to compile under Linux? Also, I don't think that you compiled the files one by one using gcc, right, there must be a better way?
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            So, can I, as a completely dumb Linux user, have some hints on this one? Is there a current zip with files that need to be changed in order for this to compile under Linux?
                            For now, the somehow playable version is just the patch by Johannes Sixt; however, the original-cd check has not been ported, yet.

For this reaason i think the patch hasn't been posted yet, but i could post the sources with the patch applied, if you wish so.

There are quite some things left which do not work, though playing with the mouse is possible.

Due to / as a file seperator, the configuration files also need to be fixed.
                            As CTP2 doesn't use uniquely cased filenames, easiest way to get it running is to copy an installation of CTP2 onto a fat32 partition (alternative: rename all files in installation which could not be found to correct cased filename).

I will set up a few subversion repositories soon, to begin merging the sources.
                            Unfortunately i do not have all files of the Altered source files thread, so most commits to the apolyton branch will be based on an ALL patch file. Once the apolyton branch is on sync with the latest posts, i will start merging the cvs repository to the apolyton branch and provide merged files for reintegration to the Apolyton code line. The merges will also be commited to cvs.

Perhaps now/some day apolyton runs/will run apache2 for the forums; then its possible to integrate the subversion repository on the apolyton site.

Also, I don't think that you compiled the files one by one using gcc, right, there must be a better way?
                            You can use make and a Makefile to automate build process, or use autoconf/automake for a more portable build system, first is used in cvs, second in johannes sixt's patch.

Below is a screenshot of the current version, at the beginning of a game (zip file, because forum doesn't like images bigger than 800x0) ...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Screenie looks good . I'll guess that most of us will have to wait for some good patch posted, or indeed a nice repository.

In the meanwhile, I would do good to read up on Linux programming a bit...
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Hi,
                                Im wonder if anyone is still working on a linux port, and where to get the few pathes for it. I would be happy to contribute to a linux port.

Cya

Comment

Working...
                                X