Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BHG site: I liked the white background better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHG site: I liked the white background better...

change it back!

orange links on green background?!? (news page)

With blue lettering?

And what's with that stupid quote? It cheapens the website...

BigHugeGames needs to think BIG...

------------------
    Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
    That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

I think the background is excellent, since it seems to reinforce the the justification line from which all text flows.

This is much more apparent on the about page rather than the news page. On the news page, however, the line, although implied, is very strongly set near the pictures, and all the header text is right justified to that line, so the background doesn't play as strong of a role.

Overall, it is a hugely well-designed makeover. I would quibble with a couple of things, such as the header text on the jobs page.

(1) The headers should be flush left rather than center (the justification on this page is misset to center by the heading "Big Huge Jobs")--the layout axiom being that the second line of text sets the justification line--in this case the menu bar is the first line of text.

(2) Each header should be respaced to be closer to the text to which it refers. For instance, on the news page, it is easy to tell which header belongs with which body text. On the jobs page, the headers do not properly "belong" to the text--they should be respaced slightly.

In any event, the colors were very well chosen, and I am quite impressed with the font choices, among very many other things.

One extremely pikayune thing... the "about" page footer menubar needs a slight modification.
      [This message has been edited by DanS (edited June 14, 2000).]
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
      X