Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They have GOT to allow a "no nuke" option.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have GOT to allow a "no nuke" option.......

The game is no fun once nukes are introduced into play......

Against the computer-once nukes are achieved, the computer uses them without hesitation....

In multiplayer, once everyone has nukes its a race to use as many as you can before there is one left-and half the time some ******* who is loosing launches that last nuke to end the game.....

"...some ******* who is loosing launches that last nuke to end the game....."

In chess, that is called salvaging a draw.

Comment

I hate the nukes too. The AI thinks they are Harry Truman. They ruin the late ages.
      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

What we need is a greater negative for launching nukes. I mean no trade for 2mins is crap.

We need soemthing bad to happen. The person should have to have uranium to build them(a rare resource). Also they should cost ALOT more.

It seems most units in game are so cheap you can make them to easy and fast.(this could be modded).

Also make it so nuked areas have 4x damage in citys radius. Like added attrition.

Comment

i dunno, i like the nukes...

they could cost more, though. knowledge and oil are good, but add metal, perhaps? to make them more dear...
          B♭3

Comment

Ive make a no nukes mod check it out here:

Are you down with ODV?

Comment

I agree, something has to be done in MP...
              anyways, here is the single player fix:
              It's not supported as a game setting, obviously, but you could "mod" your game to do this-- in unitrules.xml find the two nuclear weapons, and in buildingrules.xml find the wonders. Change the "PREQ0" field for each to "disable" and you won't see any nukes or wonders in the game.
              cIV list: cheats
              Now watch this drive!

Comment

You know I'm absolutely amazed they didn't make a "Manhattan Project" wonder (since it was in the civ games) with the following effects:

Allows all countries to build nuclear weapons (if technologically available).
                Makes Nuclear weapons 5% cheaper and 10% faster for host country.
                Market nuclear embargo time halved for host country.

If the wonder is destroyed, nukes can still be built but the bonuses are lost

Comment

no, that would require no thinking at all. That massive of a resource drop would almost never be worth it. My suggestion for nukes is that they require population to create, but more than just the default 1 per unit. Make it like 30 or 40 to generate a nuke.

Laz

Comment

Tassadar ya that would but probably too severe, and really no historical reason for it. I think a scholar embargo would be the best way to slow down nukers. SINCE this is somewhat realistic, plus nukes require oil and knowledge to build, if they scholars go on strike, that mean u not only cant trade to regain oil, but your scholars wont replenish your knowledge for awhile. So they two resources u need to build a nuke is cut dry for a good long time before u can even start accumulating resources for another nuke again.
                    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

I agree that there should really be a more sevear consequence for using nukes. But the nuke price is fine. In retrospect, I don't know for sure how much they cost in real life, but what I do know is the United states has tons of them scattered through outs its territory. So we need to be able to get tons of them, to affectivly simulate commanding a world superpower in the game, you have to have access to a lot nuclear weapons if the player wishes so. Whether or not they use them, is a different story all together.
                      Last edited by Poogas; June 11, 2003, 13:27.
                      If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

Scholar embargo- that's REAL nice. Got to make your nukes in advance.

Comment

I like the idea of a scholar embargo, too. What do you say, two minutes, is that enough?
                          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Added resource to launch a nuke: 1,000 university points. + 15% for each consecutive launch?

This simulates the ongoing intellectual capital one must invest to maintain nuclear system integrity.

?
                            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Adding a resource to launching a nuke just seems like increasing its base cost to me...and while thats certainly a valid option i'm liking this embargo idea a bit more. While i think losing all your knowledge income at that stage in the game might be a touch too much, what about having knowledge income reduced by 50%? (or some other non-complete %).

Laz

Comment

Working...
                              X