Machine Guns too powerful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Guns too powerful?

Is it possible that machine guns (and their upgrades) are too powerful? I have approx. 6 of them entrenched with a tank near the border. The AI keeps sending waves of units- armored cars, infantry , some tanks now and then. Nearly all of the units get mowed down before they can fire. The range on heavies is, iirc, 18. The AI doesn't counter them with flamethrowers, but maybe that's because I'm on a lower difficulty.

Thoughts?
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

Overpowered, yeah- against infantry, but that's the way it is supposed to be. The AI may not figure out to send a direct counter against this formation, but I can guarantee if it were me, my second assault would consist of 2 flamethrowers, a couple tanks/armored cars, and probably a heli as well.

But think of the World Wars- entrenched machine guns would decimate ranks upon ranks of charging infantry.

Comment

My second assault would consist of artys and commandos or spies for spoting, sniping and bribing. Lot of opsions. That's wat i love about this game.

Comment

Tanks are the direct counter to MGs, and seige works well also.
        "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
        - UberKruX

Comment

I've had flamethrowers used against me on 'Tough' -- I'd love to see the AI in general learn to avoid your enthrenched defenses anyway and go around you, like U.S. forces did for a number of cities on the way to Baghdad.

The AI also seems to miss the opportunity to bomb/strafe your troops from the air. The AI planes I've seen always attack a wonder, which takes forever and a day to actually destroy that way.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Well, hopefully I'll eventually learn to play on the higher settings.
            Yin: they sure do- just put a couple o' SAM's around them and watch the fireworks :P.
            cIV list: cheats
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

The computer did get the advanced bomber in my last game- that made me patrol my skies with fighters- a "no fly" zone, as it were
              ----
              "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X