No Nukes Option Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Nukes Option Needed!

Hey I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand playing in the Modern and Information Ages. I mean, I love the units and everything, but the nukes just ruin the game. All I have to do is spread out a few nuke silos and then launch. At that point it just turns into a game of chicken over who can defeat the other side without overshooting the Armageddon counter! The nukes are ridiculous! They are cheap, easy to make, fast, unstoppable (except with one of the game winning technologies) and utterly destructive. Realitsically though, I mean, are not most modern military vehicles NBC protected anyway? How can nukes just wipe them out completely? It makes no sense!

NO NUKES OPTION IN PATCH!!!

protected against radiation and the emp that comes with the blast... not the blast itself!

Comment

In this thread at RON's Heaven Brian Reynolds explains a way to mod the game to disable nukes.

It's not supported as a game setting, obviously, but you could "mod" your game to do this-- in unitrules.xml find the two nuclear weapons, and in buildingrules.xml find the wonders. Change the "PREQ0" field for each to "disable" and you won't see any nukes or wonders in the game.

Brian
      Hope it helps.

Comment

Thanks! Now I can Mod!

Thanks for the info, now I can turn off and modify any unit in the game! Yeah!

Comment

By the way there is supposed to be a nuclear free zone option coming in one of the patches (maybe not the next one though... can't remember).

Comment

Working...
          X