A couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions

1st: what's the formula for "player speed" in the achievement section? I can see myself getting very hot when someone says "we lost because your player speed was lower" but we've got roughly equitable clicks but I've used a couple of magnitudes of order more than them in hotkeys. HOTKEYS people, use them.

2nd: why is it that of the 8 or so games I've played, very few people are zooming out? I can't imagine that staring at your villagers behind is going to give you better results than a broader resolution of action. Is it that people don't realize how? If you have a wheel mouse, pull the wheel back to get a broader picture of what is going on.

As an added bonus, you won't make me feel silly for being zoomed out most of the game.

1) Hover over that "player speed" and it will popup to tell you that player speed is the number of clicks/hotkeys pressed devided by the number of minutes the game lasted.

So it's an average of your clicks/hotkeys per minute.

2) There are 3 levels, zoomed in, normal, and zoomed out. i think the game classifies normal and zoomed in as "zoomed in." Frankly when i'm zoomed out it's harder to tell my unts apart, and the graphics arn't as nice to look at. I stay at normal most of the time, unless i have to do a very large box select.
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

Comment

i play zoomed out, because im a big-picture kind of guy. sometimes the units get a little confusing (especially UUs), but generally i know whats going on

also, take into account that everybody might not have a mousewheel. is here another way to zoom (unless you remapped it)?
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Pg Up and Pg Dn do the zooming if you lack a mousewheel. Not meaning to hijack the thread, but anyone know how to squeeze/stretch your formation without a mousewheel?
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Hijacker!!!! Hijacker!!! Leave my thread alone!!!

Comment

Ah, you've fallen foul of the curse of the unspecific thread title. You get any kind of riff raff just wandering in.....
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
            X