Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoju2
    replied
    I am unable to patch because when I click on the MP button it says Cannt find internet connection. Any current ways to get the patch or get online?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• jcoleman
    replied
    Unfortunately, the stand-alone patch is mostly out of BHG's hands right now. I certainly hope something is posted by tomorrow afternoon.

J

Leave a comment:

• Anne_nurmi
    replied
    hiya Jcole
    any date about when the standalone version of the patch comes out
    have the prob , that my ron won't autopatch
    i did bought the game , but has something to do with the version of my game , and the language thing
    L_Clan_Chaos has same prob , we from same country ( belgium )
    hope you can help
    thx alot Anne

Leave a comment:

• jcoleman
    replied
    Thank you for the info. We'll look at it today.

J

Leave a comment:

• STING
    replied
    Originally posted by jcoleman
    olaf,

Thanks for the info. We'll check it out.

J
    Hi Jason,

Just to inform you.

This problem is not related to Zone Alarm alone,
    I think this issue applies to all firewall software, which displays a dialog screen, asking the user to allow traffic.

If I am running Kerio Personal Firewall and I click on "Gamespy matchmaking", RoN totally blocks, including the system, so I can't alt+tab to return to Windows. The only option then is to turn off the computer with the Power button.

I am using Windows XP Pro.

Leave a comment:

• CivGeneral
    replied
    WOuld this patch be able to fixt the crash that happens after the Video Intro?

Leave a comment:

• deadsniper
    replied
    Heh, ill send ya this systems specs too if you want =). Anything to get to actually play multiplayer. Can send a directx system output file or whatever you guys usually use.

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    Hmm... I have had programs popping up boxes wanting to get my attention while playing RoN... and the game just kindly minimized, no problemo - on XP.

And BTW, RoN performance is fantastic! It loads games FAST, and I mean it!

Leave a comment:

• jcoleman
    replied
    olaf,

Thanks for the info. We'll check it out.

J

Leave a comment:

• olaf
    replied
    Your game doesnt play well with Zonealarm, that is another reason why I'd like to see a standalone patch.

Zonealarm trys to get focus to bring up its dialogue box informing me that something is trying to access the internet and do I want to let it, but RON doesnt budge and so XP is pretty much hard locked at this point. Annoying, to say the least.

There are a few workarounds, yeah. But it shouldnt happen in the first place.

olaf

Leave a comment:

• AbeNookie
    replied
    Thanks, I was just gonna ask where to get it!

Leave a comment:

• jcoleman
    replied
    The patch is available via Online Matchmaking and has been tested for all versions, including British.

Right now, you don't need to actually log onto GameSpy, just select the online matchmaking option. At that point, the game will check for available patches. Once you get to the GameSpy logon, feel free to cancel.
    In either the next or the following version, the game will have a "Check for Updates" button.

There should be a stand-alone patch available sometime today. In the future, the "auto-patch" and the "stand-alone" will be released simultaneously.

J

Leave a comment:

• olaf
    replied
    So is it available as a direct download yet? I am not a big Gamespy fan. And yeah, I am wanting the patch 4 as well. By the times those kinds of patches come out for the games I am playing, I am usually done with them

olaf

Leave a comment:

• Anne_nurmi
    replied
    Hiya
    so when are we gonne be able to download the patch? ( britisch version )

Leave a comment:

• dearmad
    replied
    Patch 4 sounds good. Can I have that one sent to me?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X