Has anyone become "Master of Orion"? in MOOIII yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone become "Master of Orion"? in MOOIII yet

On page 119 of the manual is the real victory condition of MOO III.

Unsolving the Antaran Mystery:

Any comments....

Becoming a Leader of the Orion Senate is fine for the politician in you, but it is a sub-win.

Conquering all your genetic alien cousins, is a sub-win also.

The game drops you out, and you get to start all over, until you become the real victory condition:

Unsolving the Antaran Mystery

Has anyone become "Master of Orion"?

I see a lot of people saying that this game is not like MOO II, but I am wondering if they are really winning it yet.

If so, after only a week, can anyone have a comment?

From a "Master of Orion" of MOOII.

Just wondering, any comment about it all............

No, but I'm getting close to "Master of Confusion". Actually, I am getting better and the more I play, the more I want to play!

Comment

That's been my feeling too, DCMike - the more I get into the game and realize how things work and how things can get better, the more I want to play it. It's now much more of 'how optimized I can make my race'. Very similar to MoO2 when we were trying to break stuff.

Comment

I AM the master of confusion... lol.

Comment

I'm still confused, I was getting plastered by my uber-aggressive AI, then the New Orions delcared war on people...invaded them...its crazy.

But its fun, building up my fleets slowly. Soon to start sending expeditions I think...
          Veni, vidi, vici.
          [I came, I saw, I conquered].
          -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

I have 3 of the 5 researched, so I am almost there, but of course, in doing so I am at Total War with almost everyone and everyone else is looking for the last 2 aswell, or have found them, and I just don't know it yet. By the way, has anyone, conquered the New Orions yet? I assembled a huge fleet and in no time, they had me wiped out Tough buggers they are.

Guess I need to make another fleet, of just indirect and carrier Levithans.

Comment

Right now, I'm an Apprentice of Orion, diligently working my up to Journeyman of Orion, with the ultimate goal of becoming a true Master of Orion.

Much like DCMike, the more I play, the more I learn, the more I want to play.

I have three Anteran expiditions outbound right now, but they haven't found anything yet.

Comment

I accomplished this feat Friday night.

Unfortunately, I've been too busy with RL since Friday to play any MoO3
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I've achieved the 'X' win twice now. The video is good but I wish it had contained a revalation about the original Orions or the Antarans, either the ones that remain or the ones who disappeared..
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                  X