Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite leaders

Other than Xantus (sp?) and Necron, that is

Chugg is good to have in the beginning because he gives you free terrainforming. The revolutionary guy gives you advanced government. The legendary scientist gives you autolab and androids.

What about ship leaders? The legendary fighter pilot is alright but not so great. The legendary captain is much better.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Re: Your favourite leaders

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
    Other than Xantus (sp?) and Necron, that is

Chugg is good to have in the beginning because he gives you free terrainforming. The revolutionary guy gives you advanced government. The legendary scientist gives you autolab and androids.

What about ship leaders? The legendary fighter pilot is alright but not so great. The legendary captain is much better.
    Xantus is sweet, but I rarely see him.
    Necron tele, fin+15, labor +15,Sci+15and Spirit, don't see much of this one either. Chugg is nice and Sparky is ADV.

I am happy to get any of the sci leaders and an officers with commando if not tele.
    Altos/Caern are decent lower level officers. Dantos next step up. I also like the assasin leaders.
    Sometimes I will dismiss early leaders when I get a better one and do not have enough systems to use them all. This allows me to hold out for the best leaders.
    I just did Liv race so the farmer leader that shows up early is of no use.
    Last edited by vmxa1; July 18, 2002, 12:15.

Comment

i usually dont care much for usual leaders.. only the ones that give me free tech...the legendary scientist with its autolab and the Droid looking fella that gives me all droids.. cos these 2 support usually mu strategy.. otherwise the fella who only gives production boost is almost as good for me as Xantus.. dont do research and prod in same systems mostly anyways... in huge galaxies they have such a small effect anyways..

Comment

Pretty much nay leader that gives a science boost is preferred. Also tech advance leaders are good too. Good early leaders are ones with megawealth and/or -hiring costs. They get dismissed as the game progresses but can be good in the beginning. I also like the spy leaders, especially Draxx early; he doth kill enemy spies.

What I do not like about leaders it that seems like you always have to keep one spot open to attract the next good leader, so you are stuck with using 3 til the end of the game (for colonies).

I do not make much use of the ship leaders, am I missing something?
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RPMisCOOL
          I do not make much use of the ship leaders, am I missing something?
          Yes. Especially if you are a trying to capture ships or SB. A leader that has Nav and Helm, you get a move bonus and can get there sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphard
            i usually dont care much for usual leaders.. only the ones that give me free tech...the legendary scientist with its autolab and the Droid looking fella that gives me all droids.. cos these 2 support usually mu strategy.. otherwise the fella who only gives production boost is almost as good for me as Xantus.. dont do research and prod in same systems mostly anyways... in huge galaxies they have such a small effect anyways..
            You can go for a very long time without running into those guys.

Comment

Mystic X had 5 bonuses IIRC... It was cool

In the early game (especially if I play without the creative-ability) I'd like to have those leaders who come with techs... they can give terraforming, automated repair system, autolab, all androids, telepathy, and (IIRC) one gives you research labs...

There are also great ship leaders, (like the one who gives you galactic lore and dimensional portal)....
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

The Ancient Starfarer, whatever his name is.

Yeah, leaders with megawealth are good in the beginning.

What about the ones with instructions? They seem to be very good for the long haul.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Those that increase experience of fleets? Yep, they are very useful... I like the golden one (Rak-ihr or whattheheckitwas), he is instructor, industrialist and .... something else there was too...
                  I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I really, really like the Elerian qutie who comes with telepathic and spying bonus, as a well as a morale boost.

She eventually gives me more tech than even that Autolab guy. And she's cute!
                    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                      (IIRC) one gives you research labs...

There are also great ship leaders, (like the one who gives you galactic lore and dimensional portal)....
                      Mentox give autolabs and research labs. Kronos and Loknar have galactic lore.
                      Kronos is the ancient spacefarer and brings knowledge of Dimensional Portal and has Nav and Helm skills.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
                        Those that increase experience of fleets? Yep, they are very useful... I like the golden one (Rak-ihr or whattheheckitwas), he is instructor, industrialist and .... something else there was too...
                        Rash-lki a warlord level 2 to start. Tactics, Commando, Instructor, and Labor leader.

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
                          I really, really like the Elerian qutie who comes with telepathic and spying bonus, as a well as a morale boost.

She eventually gives me more tech than even that Autolab guy. And she's cute!
                          Megatron gives the android tech and has Farming, Sci and Labor skills.

Cassandra is the Mystic and starts at level 1. She brings knowledge of Telepathic Training, has Telepathic, Environmentalist, Spiritual, and Diplomat.

Comment

Not the High Priestess? She looks cute

Comment

Yeah. Although my favourite Elerian is the blonde shake-ya-head-and-wiggle-yer-panzer-brah scientist bimbo. I still laugh at the look of her.
                              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
                              X