MOO3 Demo on PCPP mag {australian}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3 Demo on PCPP mag {australian}

Pc powerplay has a demo of MOO3. Its australian.

http://forums.prospero.com/masterofo...&mode=advanced - this is a continuation of that thread......

more screenshots...

users.cybanet.net.au/tibbs/task.jpg
    users.cybanet.net.au/tibbs/recruitment.jpg

Sounds...
    users.cybanet.net.au/tibbs/rseawl01.aif

Re: MOO3 Demo on PCPP mag {australian}

THIS IS NOT REAL. I REPEAT. THIS IS NOT REAL. At best, it's a bunch of new screenshots from E3. At worst, it's a bootlegged copy of the E3 demo and that magazine will DIE for posting it.
    -Apoc527

Comment

Well, looks like APOC527 is laying the smack down on the thread in the Delphi form.

Funny, no where in the form rules do I see "Do not post things that may scare OSI"

Anyhow, the "demo" is already in the hands of thousands of Australians. (from the looks of things anyhow) Trying to "cover" it up now just seems impossible.

Comment

Read it for yourself.

Comment

Good god.. now they are removing the links to the pics on the Delphi form.

Can you repost them here? I should have them still in my history..

Comment

It's possible this is a demo. But I somehow don't trust it when the website for the magazine behind this makes no mention of said demo...and the only evidence they have is a webpage at a private URL.

If it's a demo, no harm no foul. If it's a leak...well, that's for more authoritative figures than simple forum mods.

Further folks, with the QS redesign going on, any screenshot posted may have no bearing on the final product.
            -Sencho

"Even the clearest and most perfect circumstantial evidence is likely to be at fault, after all, and therefore ought to be received with great caution. " - Mark Twain

Comment

It's possible this is a demo. But I somehow don't trust it when the website for the magazine behind this makes no mention of said demo...and the only evidence they have is a webpage at a private URL.
              That actually isnt there website. Thats, mine, i just uploaded the autorun from the cd.

There actual website is http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/
              I'm a subscriber, so i got my copy early. They do also have a 6 page preview to go with the demo.............

{edit: the thread i posted is now deleted..... too bad thousands of people like Zanteogo said would already have a copy of the mag.}

Comment

Originally posted by Ibbz

That actually isnt there website. Thats, mine, i just uploaded the autorun from the cd.

There actual website is http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/
                I'm a subscriber, so i got my copy early. They do also have a 6 page preview to go with the demo.............

{edit: the thread i posted is now deleted..... too bad thousands of people like Zanteogo said would already have a copy of the mag.}
                No, the thread isn't deleted. It's renamed and closed for the time being while this is sorted out. It is more than a little hard to swallow that a product that isn't even in beta testing could generate a demo for release to the public.

If the demo is legit than your thread will return and you can be merry.

No 'grand conspiracy', as Zantego seems to believe. Just following Delphi's rules and general good behavior.
                -Sencho

"Even the clearest and most perfect circumstantial evidence is likely to be at fault, after all, and therefore ought to be received with great caution. " - Mark Twain

Comment

No 'grand conspiracy', as Zantego seems to believe

I don't mean to apply that I feel there is some kind of "conspiracy".

No, there is no "legit" demo. Anything shipped out on the CD is out of both PC Games and OSI's hands now however. Editing the message leading to these pics seems kind of pointless. (though IS enfocring the form rules, however pointless now)

APOC527 posting how the mags going to "die" does seem somewhat.. umm.. unprofessional.

Comment

I'm not going to debate the legalities of their action. If the file is, indeed, legitimate, then there is no problem.

If not, then Next Online is in for a world of hurt for publishing private, corporate data.

I'm amazed at your seeming acceptance of what may be a highly unethical behavior. Very curious.
                    -Sencho

Comment

Ok, assuming that the "demo" is not legal, wich it is almost certainly not..

It means PC Power Play (Next Online?) has published private corporate data. This was not legal. Shame on them. OSI can send a world of hurt at them. Have fun.

Now, is it unethical? Really, who was hurt because they did this? The "demo", if there even is one will be next to unplayable. So the public gets to see a few screens QSI did not want them to see yet.. big deal. If anything they helped QSI cut past some red tape for releasing (badly needed) screens.

The only real people hurt here will be PC Power Play, which did it to them selves.
                      Last edited by Zanteogo; April 11, 2002, 04:39.

Comment

man that magazibne is in a world of hurt , im poping QS a email to this thread , this is just not funny.
                        Ace Pace

Comment

ibz why is there a a link o the installer in the site if we can't acsses it?
                          Ace Pace

Comment

*as further information has been revealed.......... the stuff i posted here has become irrelevant*

{that isnt the site for the demo, thats just the autorun .html file of the cd to prove MOO3 on there. The demo itself is 274mb, as i'm 56k i'm not going to upload it.}
                            Last edited by Ibbz; April 11, 2002, 08:09.

Comment

Working...
                            X