Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offworld Trading Company - RTS by Mohawk Games (Soren Johnson)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koyaanisqatsi
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    Is it out for OS X?

JM
    Yep. I've started streaming a campaign game: http://www.twitch.tv/novomancy/

(archive is here: http://www.twitch.tv/novomancy/profile/past_broadcasts . I'm still trying to get audio to cooperate though. I guess it's an issue on OS X...the first video has no audio, and the audio on the second echoes.)

I really enjoy it so far, and campaign mode is apparently the part that's still getting the most work.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeson View Post
    Still have 2 coupons for $20 Gift Editions for anyone who's interested.
    Is it out for OS X?

JM

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    I haven't played this a lot yet. On my old laptop (Intel HD 3000 Graphics) it is a bit sluggish as expected, but that probably will get better as the game gets finished more. That's the only drawback to it I've seen so far. RTS needs decent hardware. I've got a new box now, waiting on a R9 270X to finish it off. Then it should be very smooth.

MP is probably out for me because of the high latency and high dropped packets on the cell phone network here.

The concept is really cool. You can jump right in and start having fun. They don't want us sharing graphics, but I think it looks good already.

Arriving at Mars you can scan around and pick out the perfect spot, get bonuses by founding later, or found early and get started right away. There are primary resources you collect from tiles on the map, and then buildings can turn them into secondary resources or end-products. You can buy or sell any of of it at any time, and the prices fluxuate based on supply and demand. Shares in the competing companies' (and your own) are always up for sale, and you lose by being bought out ... win by buying out the competition.

You upgrade your corporation by investing specific resources/products into it. This lets you expand to more claims. You can go into debt which is paid back over time (or whenever you want to pay it) without having to cease operations. Though it does affect your share price.

There are also special buildings that enable things like corporate espionage (bordering on outright warfare), selling off-world, upgrading facilities.

The AI seems pretty good, able to give a challenge without ganging up on the player ... but I haven't played enough to be very good myself.

Still have 2 coupons for $20 Gift Editions for anyone who's interested.
    Last edited by Aeson; September 21, 2014, 02:11.

Leave a comment:

• N35t0r
    replied
    Cool

Leave a comment:

• Soren Johnson
    replied
    fyi, the NDA has been lifted for everything but graphics: http://www.mohawkgames.com/2014/09/1...bout-the-game/

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Just as a general rule, Apolyton will be very strict in moderating posts that would be questionable in terms of NDAs on games under development. (Any publicly released info about the game is ok to discuss.)

If you have any questions about what would be ok to discuss and what isn't, please ask via PMs.

Leave a comment:

• korn469
    replied
    I currently have a laptop with 4GBs of ram and a i3 2350m processor. Is that enough to run the game?

Leave a comment:

• N35t0r
    replied
    I'd like to see some gameplay before... Is anyone planning to do some sort of AAR?

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Still the 2 Gift editions available if anyone else is interested.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Check your emails

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Monk
    replied
    I haven't gotten that far yet, I have to fix an issue with my account, it's been a while since I last used it.

Thanks for the coupon!

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    Sava - what issues did you have? I may be having the same ones (or, different ones). I signed up, try to login to the forums, and get asked to do an activation, at which point I say 'resend activation' which sends a blank email (no content) to me...

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    Based on the weather in Chicago, fall is here already, so I won't mind Thanks for the coupon!

I'm still a little fuzzy on whether this is likely to work on my bootcamp installation of Win7 on my (older) macbook (like 2009 old!) but we'll see i guess.

Leave a comment:

• Aeson
    replied
    Yah, they didn't update the email. They posted about it on the blog and forum that the prototype was ready and "fall" came early.

Leave a comment:

• Sava
    replied
    We expect to launch the first prototype version of Offworld Trading Company to our Elite Founders this fall. The beta/Early Access edition will follow, with the final release date coming when the game is done.

Also, I had some email issues with Stardock and my Stardock account that I sorted out.

So just FYI, early access apparently doesn't start until fall. Which is fine, I just wasn't aware of this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X