Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offworld Trading Company - RTS by Mohawk Games (Soren Johnson)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offworld Trading Company - RTS by Mohawk Games (Soren Johnson)

I just ordered the Founder's Elite Edition of this game today. I figure if Soren is involved it should be worth it. Especially if I can accost him with obtuse, lengthy, multiquoted posts quibbling about inane details. (I'm not sure if I can still do this well or not. I'm willing to pay $79.99 to find out.)

Here's the game and rules. It sounds pretty cool. No artwork yet that I've seen.

Explore the backstory, FAQ, gameplay, and learn more about the team of Offworld Trading Company.

A review of the game with some concept art at Arstechnica:

The Elite Edition comes with 6 coupons to buy the Gift Edition for $20 ... so if you're interested in trying the game out and having some feedback into it's development, let me know.

Also I get an extra game key that is up for grabs if someone really wants it and can't afford $20.

Do the additional keys for the Founder’s Elite Edition get access to the rest of the Founder's Elite perks?

Just the private development forum and access to the prototype. For anyone who really wants the other perks, we sell a lovely Founder’s Elite Edition that comes with a digital soundtrack, game almanac, and more.

What about the optional additional copies from Founder’s Elite coupons?

Those will work exactly like the extra key that comes with every Founder’s Elite purchase – you’ll get access to the prototype and the private forum.

Soren

$80

coupon

also, I am interested in the gift edition
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd be in at $20. M.U.L.E. comparisons get my attention (though they also set a high bar...)
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

$80 is like a M.U.L.E kick to the balls.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ok, sent to Sava and Koyaanisqatsi ... 4 left. Are you interested Tuberski? $20 for early access isn't a bad price!

Comment

What the heck. Is it likely to run on a windows virtualized instance on a macbook? (IE, mediocre graphics support)?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Okay, I'm interested.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

How does the early access work? or... when does it start?

I put my order through and it told me to wait until the game is released.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ok, sent to snoopy and TMM. 2 coupons left ...

I'm not sure how it functions yet. From what they posted on the forums there, they sent out a batch of keys on the 25th and plan to do it once a week. So maybe today they'll send out another batch. Use the email you bought the game with to make an account (if you didn't already have one) and then check http://www.offworldgame.com/Founders to see if you have access to some of the founder's vault stuff.

Also, if paying through Paypal, it looks like your Paypal email is going to be the one that gets access ...

Comment

We expect to launch the first prototype version of Offworld Trading Company to our Elite Founders this fall. The beta/Early Access edition will follow, with the final release date coming when the game is done.

Also, I had some email issues with Stardock and my Stardock account that I sorted out.

So just FYI, early access apparently doesn't start until fall. Which is fine, I just wasn't aware of this.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yah, they didn't update the email. They posted about it on the blog and forum that the prototype was ready and "fall" came early.

Comment

Based on the weather in Chicago, fall is here already, so I won't mind Thanks for the coupon!

I'm still a little fuzzy on whether this is likely to work on my bootcamp installation of Win7 on my (older) macbook (like 2009 old!) but we'll see i guess.

Comment

Sava - what issues did you have? I may be having the same ones (or, different ones). I signed up, try to login to the forums, and get asked to do an activation, at which point I say 'resend activation' which sends a blank email (no content) to me...

Comment

I haven't gotten that far yet, I have to fix an issue with my account, it's been a while since I last used it.

Thanks for the coupon!
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Check your emails

Comment

Working...
                              X