No announcement yet.

Lord of the Rings Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since no one got it, i figured i'd answer it even though the joke was built up for disappointment.

as for the punchline? its been awhile but IIRC no one got boots for blademaster since he's one of fastest hero in game and has active spell that caps his move speed anyway. so blademaster's boots = oxymoron? was that the joke?
    :-p

Comment

• In the pre-WW harasses (some of vanilla and early FT) BM would get usually get boots, particularly against NE (and DH would do the same).

But anyway, it wasn't more than a one post throwaway to begin with. It only started as a joke when Asher displayed his ignorance.

Comment

• Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Am I the only one who is like, "what the **** is WW, FT, BM, NE, and DH?"

World Wide?

Financial Times?

Blanc Mange?

New England?

Dirty Harry?

WTF!!! We already admitted to not knowing about this game, but certain people insist on peppering a single sentence with five abbreviations.

Come on Doc, throw me a bone here. Write out what you're going to say, or keep it to yourself.

LOTRO-wise Captain Cangaroo is up to 21. It's been a bit slow since I'm moving, but still rocking out with my **** out.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Sweet.

I'm almost fully geared for the Watcher.

Got some really sexy armor going. Will screenshot it later.

Using a new 2nd age sword also. Pretty slick, has some awesome +%-dmg legacies.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
              Sweet.

I'm almost fully geared for the Watcher.

Got some really sexy armor going. Will screenshot it later.

Using a new 2nd age sword also. Pretty slick, has some awesome +%-dmg legacies.
              Im just curious, how many runs did you make approximately, and how many hours do you have in to get "gated". Ive seen what appear to be ridiculous claims at how much effort this takes at the officials, now that you are there, Id like to hear your perspective.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch View Post
                Am I the only one who is like, "what the **** is WW, FT, BM, NE, and DH?"

World Wide?

Financial Times?

Blanc Mange?

New England?

Dirty Harry?

WTF!!! We already admitted to not knowing about this game, but certain people insist on peppering a single sentence with five abbreviations.

Come on Doc, throw me a bone here. Write out what you're going to say, or keep it to yourself.
                I was responding to Zero, who probably knows all of those.

Comment

• So you're turning this into a club thread?
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25 View Post
                    Im just curious, how many runs did you make approximately, and how many hours do you have in to get "gated". Ive seen what appear to be ridiculous claims at how much effort this takes at the officials, now that you are there, Id like to hear your perspective.
                    I got all of them over last weekend, basically.

It takes about 30-40 mins per piece, if you're in a group where you're the only person who needs it (like I usually am).

The +10 radiance set (the best, 6 piece) is pretty easy to get. It's a guaranteed drop (barter token) at the end of 6 different instances, 4 of which are 6-man and 2 of which are 12-man.

But you don't need the whole set to pass the radiance requirements. The last patch added +15 radiance pieces (3-piece, but stats are otherwise worse) for the new 3-man instances. You can probably get a full set of gear in as little as six hours in some cases, it took me about 10 hours of gameplay since we did some runs several times in a row to get pieces for multiple people.

It's honestly not a big deal at all. It also makes the people who take on the Watcher to be a quasi-elite group, which is the intent and I think a good thing.

Comment

• Here's me, in my home.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I got all of them over last weekend, basically.

It takes about 30-40 mins per piece, if you're in a group where you're the only person who needs it (like I usually am).

The +10 radiance set (the best, 6 piece) is pretty easy to get. It's a guaranteed drop (barter token) at the end of 6 different instances, 4 of which are 6-man and 2 of which are 12-man.

But you don't need the whole set to pass the radiance requirements. The last patch added +15 radiance pieces (3-piece, but stats are otherwise worse) for the new 3-man instances. You can probably get a full set of gear in as little as six hours in some cases, it took me about 10 hours of gameplay since we did some runs several times in a row to get pieces for multiple people.

It's honestly not a big deal at all. It also makes the people who take on the Watcher to be a quasi-elite group, which is the intent and I think a good thing.
                        Ya I hear ya. This is significantly less than some of the wild claims on the officials as you probably well know. And doesn't really sound that bad at all compared to some other games Ive heard about
                        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Yeah, people like to *****. Most people don't seem to mind at all.

Comment

• Nice outfit. Even some low level stuff looks good and with the cosmetic system you can wear whatever you like the look of while equipping the gear with the best stats. That's one of the things that I really like about the game.
                            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

SALUTATIONS.

Does anyone else here play LOTRO? Specifically, anyone else on Brandywine?

I've got a lifetime subscription and I stopped playing for six months, but the upcoming Mines of Moria expansion looks spectacular and I've been in the game hardcore now for the past week again.

Much better game than World of Warcraft, less little twits running around. Also liked it better than Age of Conan and Warhammer Online, which I only played about 2 hours each of.
                              Take it to other games if you please good sir.
                              Last edited by DrSpike; August 17, 2009, 03:25.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I tend not to agree with you but respect your right to air your view, and look forward to future discussions in this forum.
                                Last edited by DrSpike; August 17, 2009, 03:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X