Dagoth Ur is incredibly wimpy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dagoth Ur is incredibly wimpy.

Yes i know people have said that before but geez. Im level 19 and have NOT been powergaming my stats and still took him out in just a few hits. The second dagoth ur is invincible of course(infinite health it seems) but his attacks can be avoided easily, and then in my game at least, he just sits there waving his hands about waiting to die. In the main quest im still at the third trial...but i think i wont bother completing it now.

I found a daedric dai katana or something like that and gave it a magic bonus to paralyze for 7 secs in 4 feet with magic charge of 400(costs 20 to cast) and its almost invincibly strong. My armour is mostly oridinator issue (been killing them in droves and selling the armour to creeper for lotsa $$$$$) with some ebony and daedric tossed in. Also just got my house hlaalu stronghold, and am the leader of that house too. Im an orc for once, ussualy im an imperial... Fun stuff

I also note there is no morrowind thread. describe your current armour\weapons\occupation below
    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

There are several morrowind threads... but nobody has posted in them for a long time because most of us have moved on beyond the occasional replay for fun
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

On my last replay I went Imperial (as usual), became leader of Hlaalu (as usual) and tended to run around in glass armour (for a change). I also had fun power-gaming her, and doing the odd quest if it didn't get in the way of her training schedule.

If you want a good fight, kill Vivec. Fun but takes quite a long time.

As I mentioned in the Oblivion thread, Dagoth Ur can be killed when you are level 1. In the speed record I read, the player also used orc and iirc also managed to finish the game in roughly 15 minutes. It was quite a long time ago that I read it, so my accuracy may be off. I'll have to look that up again when I get home.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        In the speed record I read, the player also used orc and iirc also managed to finish the game in roughly 15 minutes.
        I don't believe that. You take at least that much time walking around to all the objectives.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
          I don't believe that. You take at least that much time walking around to all the objectives.
          Indeed. That is why he didn't walk. I got the time wrong too, it took him only 7.5 minutes.

The short version is he made liberal use of Icarian Flight scrolls.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I guess I'll have to click that link. Because my bull**** flag is waving quite steadily right now.

edit: has anyone really been able to use the scrolls of icarin flight accurately? I always end up clear on the other side of the map or something.
            Last edited by Dis; September 27, 2006, 03:27.

Comment

Re: Dagoth Ur is incredibly wimpy.

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi

I found a daedric dai katana or something like that and gave it a magic bonus to paralyze for 7 secs in 4 feet with magic charge of 400(costs 20 to cast) and its almost invincibly strong. .......
              imho that IS an uber item - even the dwermer jink sword you can buy near the begining of the game, which also uses paralyze is very powerful. Think about it - if each time you hit something it freezes allowing multiple hits for free, then yeah that enemy is in trouble. try killing Dagoth Ur with a non-magical weapon? But yeah its one of Morrowinds main problems - balance.

Morrowind is on hold for me, OB killed my TES love - but i am still playing Daggerfall on and off. I'm sure i'll get back to Morrowind though.

Originally posted by Dis
              I guess I'll have to click that link. Because my bull**** flag is waving quite steadily right now.
              So Dis, what happend? i'm too scared to click links Oh and what is that avatar pic thing you've got? I'm sure i used to love that game, but i cant think what it was - is it a forbidden forrest screenshot?

Comment

yep, forbidden forest.

and yes I clicked the link. But I didn't check out the video. I might not have the correct codecs and all that crap. I'll just have to take his word for it. He has a step by step process of what he did and explanations. I still think it would have taken a few reloads to jump in the right spot.

I guess it's something to do. But what's the fun of completing the game that fast? You'd think a barbarian orc with a steel axe would have trouble winning some of those battles, but I guess not.

Comment

Ive used the scrolls with some accuracy with god mode on, or more accurately just editing my acrobatics up high. Its fun. Not in a real game, of course

Completing the game isnt a objective imo, just doing whatever you want is.
                  if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid
                    So Dis, what happend? i'm too scared to click links

Comment

no slur intended in your direction I actualy was just too lazy to bother, and not that bothered if someone had done it in 7.5 minutes - they should really love Oblivion i suspect

Comment

I watched the video- impressive.

Comment

I Think that people make their own fun in Morrowind. And the same is true about Oblivion. If El_Cid can't make his own fun in Oblivion, well that is fine, but it does't make it the weaker game.

M
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

what do you do for fun in Oblivion?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              I Think that people make their own fun in Morrowind. And the same is true about Oblivion. If El_Cid can't make his own fun in Oblivion, well that is fine, but it does't make it the weaker game.

M
                              Well according to the thread started by Ball lightning, the consensus so far over Oblivion is that compared to Morrowind(or older TES) it looks like many people do find it harder to make their own fun(which i agree is the strong point of a TES game).
                              Less options/stats/stuff = less props for user inventivness imho. More graphics/voice acting dont a good/better game make?

Still i know you like Oblivion, and thats cool - it was just very disapointing for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X