X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sn00py
    Eyedentify
    24 The Game
    I played 24 when I was there - either it was at a really early stage of development, or it's crap. Controls aren't intuitive, graphics are poor. The best thing is that you can answer the phone while running around.

I wasn't overwhelmed with E3. For me, the highlights were:

- seeing the XBox 360 in HD. I never really saw the point of HD, especially since PAL games already have higher res than NTSC, but watching Need for Speed or combat games on the 360 in HD was pretty damn amazing. It's a great selling point. I'm told that the PS3 looks better though, although it wasn't playable at the convention.

- Okami. This is a beautiful game on the PS2 which is 3D, but rendered in calligraphy brushstrokes - basically a really, really nice version of your average cel-shaded game. The entire gameplay is also centred around drawing and calligraphy, so (for example) when you are in combat, the entire screen tilts back in 3D, becomes a 2D monochrome canvas, and you control a brush that paints on the canvas to show where you sword slashes should go.

- Geist for the Gamecube looked very well done and fun.

- Katamari Damacy was like crack

There was a crazy Nintendo game that combined pinball, RTS and voice commands. The gaming press raved over it, saying it was the most innovative game in the show, but when I gave it a try I found it a bit unreliable and far too difficult. It wasn't actually that fun either, and several of the other players around me agreed with this.

I was pretty disappointed with the press reports from E3. They didn't seem to take the time to look around all the stands and had apparently already decided what was good and bad before the show. I can see why this might have happened because of the sheer volume of the games, but come on - everyone knows about the PS3 and the Xbox 360, how about looking at the other stuff?
    mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

And let's not forget the things that Ubisoft has shown us at E3 about HoMM V - the eagerly awaited next installment of the HoMM series.

Looks awesome:

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
        And let's not forget the things that Ubisoft has shown us at E3 about HoMM V - the eagerly awaited next installment of the HoMM series.
        Oh yes, I saw a video of the thing on Gamespot I think, and it does look nice. Finally, after decades of miserable failure, you can say they are starting to get 3D graphics right. Quite excited about this new installment in the series.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Working...
        X