No announcement yet.

Mastur....... D&D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd say granny's maille is made for light weight rather than heavy protection. Watch it, she may still have moves.

The main thing about welded or riveted links is that if a hit breaks the ring it can still hold the armor together. It has to be broken and severely bent, or broken in two places. With a butted ring a break automatically looses integrity.

Half inch ID isn't so bad. If you're doing 4 in 1 the other links occupy almost half the area. 6 in 1 fills the donut hole even more. So if it isn't a bodkin point it isn't going through unless it breaks or deforms the ring enough to make room for the head. Just make sure you're wearing your gambeson.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Heh, my grandmother uses the chainmail as a spark screen in front of the chimney.

And yeah, I'm using 4 in 1... I wanted to start simple, I'd eventually like to try some type of japanese-style chainmail, but having to make two different sizes sounds like work...
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
        Originally posted by DarkCloud
        Don't forget the lowly d3!

And of course the d12- friend of barbarians everywhere!

I call BS. It isn't possible to make a three sided polyhedron.

I knew I could find it somewhere: Gamescience made it, but might not make them anymore.

There's also one that is more topologically interesting, but it is hand made.

What shapes do dice have?
        Attached Files
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Ah, Gamescience is distributed by Gamestation.

d3 page: http://gamestation.net/category/1003.1009.1048/

Last edited by Straybow; December 4, 2006, 22:55.

Comment

• Jaguar was partly right, though, that isn't exactly a polihedron...

There's d5s as well.

[edit:]

They're basically n-sides-based prisms with rounded top and bottom.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• ANd I thought I had every variation of dices available

Seems like there is more around than just
              D100, D20, D12, D10, D8, D6 and D4s
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• That D100 must be pretty big.

Comment

• Smaller than one would think

But because of the many edges it looks more like a globe than like a polyeder and you need a really smooth and level surface to roll it (even a carpet might not be smooth enough)
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I saw a d30 once and tried to roll it on a small school desk. As it was nearly round I failed to get it to stop on a number.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      I have never even seen a d3.
                      just hollow out a side of a d4
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by N35t0r
                        There's d5s as well.

[edit:]

They're basically n-sides-based prisms with rounded top and bottom.

Look at the Gamescience d5. It is a trianglular prism that looks like it would be biased to land on the ends, but has been numerically modelled and play tested to be unbiased.

Comment

Working...
                        X