FG: Galactic Overlord 5 - The Wrath of Doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 12 - It's over

GeneralTacticus has set a new goal for his alliance – the destruction of the Romulan Empire. In spite of the fact they are near refugees and pose no threat to anyone in the quadrant any more, President Tacticus has marked them for extermination. They may be small threat, but they are still disturbing the New Galactic Order in the Alpha quadrant. Their defiance is something any self-respecting Overlord cannot allow to continue. So, GT’s satellites joined their meagre forces with him and attacked Smiley for a total prize of 1 (one) base. Oh, and by the way, Skanky Burns sent his spy to destroy Smiley’s dylithium crystal stores. I guess, Smiley isn’t going to be using his warp drives any time soon.

Battle No. 1: Joncha, GeneralTacticus, Kassiopeia and Skanky Burns attack Smiley
    Joncha: 1LD, 2FD, 3TD, 1FC, 53LF, 27FF, 24TF, OoB: LLF-FTT, close in, bunch together
    GeneralTacticus: 37LT, 23FT, 23TT, 1LD, 1FD, 1TD, 2LB, 1FB, 1TB, 7LF, 7FF, 7TF, OoB: LLF-FTT, close in, bunch together
    Kassiopeia: 3LT, 3FT, 2TT, 5LD, 7FD, 7TD, 1FB, 1TB, 47LF, 40FF, 5TF, OoB: LLF-FTT, close in, bunch together
    Skanky Burns: 8LT, 14FT, 2LF, 1TF, OoB: LLF-FTT, close in, bunch together
    Allied total: 48LT, 40FT, 25TT, 7LD, 10FD, 11TD, 2LB, 2FB, 2TB, 1FC, 109LF, 74FF, 37TF, OoB: LLF-FTT, close in, bunch together
    Smiley: 10TT, 10FD, 4TD, 2LF, 225FF, OoB: FTF-LTL, back off, bunch together

766L – 132.5F – Smiley takes 633 hits
    383L – 264T – Smiley takes 119 hits
    161F – 132.5F – Smiley takes 28 hits and his entire fleet is destroyed.

Smiley is eliminated and his only base belongs to joncha who sent his orders first.

Now what? GeneralTacticus, are your next orders that your “allies” surrender their bases and then attack each other while you stand beside and watch?

We’ll see. Soon. End game is at hand.

Code:
    Galactic Overlord

Player Name Bases BPs TotalShips Frigates(1) Cruisers(2) Battleships(3) Dreadnaughts(4) Titans(5)
    Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp Las Fig Torp
    GeneralTacticus 7(18) 72 202/129/129 7 7 7 - - - 2 1 1 1 1 1 37 23 23
    joncha 1(9) 23 57/37/36 53 27 24 - 1 - - - - 1 2 3 - - -
    Kassiopeia 1(16) 37 82/86/46 47 40 5 - - - - 1 1 5 7 7 3 3 2
    Skanky Burns 6(6) 42 42/70/1 2 - 1 - - - - - - - - - 8 14 -

Comment

• The Central Committee meeting was just wrapping up when the Command Bunker on Jonchastani Secondus received the transmission from Fleet Captain Bahzemi.

Fighting has concluded. All Frigates reporting. Zero loss of life. Overlord :) Smiley's base in Jonchastani control.

"Right," said Chair Baek, "We all know what this means."

All heads around the great oaken table, salvaged from the ruins of Jonchastani Prime, nodded. Only two or three hesitated in their acceptance of the decision.

"Send a transmission to Overlord GeneralTacticus," continued the chair, "offering our unconditional surrender."
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Oh my.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Hmm I won 2.

Comment

• Hmm no you didn't.

Not unless GeneralTacticus surrendered to you like joncha surrendered to him.

Comment

• Yes I did.

Joint victory was allowed by Skanky and myself and GT won when he GM'ed.

Then I won the game SC GM'ed

Comment

• There can be only one.

Skanky was probably drunk.

Comment

• The Supreme Commander of the Allied Fleet, Admiral Kassiopeia, stood on the command bridge of his fleet flagship. The devastation was incredible - the desperate fighters were picked off one after another by the laser beams of the capital ships. They never had a chance.

As the collector ships headed out to gather survivors and any usable raw materials, Kassiopeia congratulated his commanders, and sat down on his comfortable chair.

"Message to General Tacticus, first priority. No need for encryption. Message begins: Smiley's armada has been annihilated. Searching for survivors. Only enemy base now under allied control. Ordering the fleet to stand down and to prepare to report under your control at the designated location. I'm looking forward to my tenure as governor. Congratulations, Overlord Tacticus - Glory to the Alliance! Message ends."
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• I trust you can translate the few sentences in German I posted in turn 11. I guess I was right foreseeing the outcome.

The first one is Hitler's, the second is Rudolph Hess's.

Comment

• "Nothing is possible if there is no one will which the others follow"? Or is it "Nothing is possible if there is one will which the others follow"?

The latter escapes me, since I don't know what Verband is - "union" perhaps?
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• "Nothing is possible unless there is only one will that commands while the others always obey"

"The party is GT. But GT is the alliance, like the alliance is GT." (Hess about Hitler. Substitute GT with Hitler to get the original sentence. Also substitute alliance with Deutschland.)

EDIT: I just need Skanky to surrender too, before I start a new thread.
                        Last edited by Ljube; October 15, 2004, 15:39.

Comment

• "Amid general celebrations over the allied victory, an order was transmitted to the Skanky fleet to stand down and submit to Overlord Tacticus' authority. Even in victory, the spymaster Skanky remained elusive."

Regarding allied victory, it was allowed previously. This prompted some people to insist a vote was carried out over allied victories being allowed and was narrowly won. When you start the new sign-up thread, I would request that you also include a poll to see if people would like allied victories, as some people have changed their mind since last game.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Regarding allied victory, it was allowed previously. This prompted some people to insist a vote was carried out over allied victories being allowed and was narrowly won. When you start the new sign-up thread, I would request that you also include a poll to see if people would like allied victories, as some people have changed their mind since last game.

Allied victories were never allowed and the sole allied victory happened in contradiction of the rules while you were GM.

However, I'm willing to repeat the vote on this issue in the next sign-up. There will be a vote on how to stop spy exploit too and I'll repeat the vote on shields.

Comment

• After clearing the Alpha quadrant of all opposition, the leaders of the Grand Alliance understood that the only way to preserve peace they strived to achieve was to unite. Skanky Burns, Kassiopeia and joncha applied to join the Federation of Planets and President Tacticus accepted their applications enthusiastically.

A new Era has dawned. The Era of the United Galaxy under the wise and just rule of

Galactic Overlord GeneralTacticus

I bow down before you, mighty GeneralTacticus
                              Last edited by Ljube; October 15, 2004, 16:19.

Comment

• Please sign-up for Galactic Overlord 6

Comment

Working...
                                X