Pixi JS in Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixi JS in Action

I'm not sure if anyone is still interested in this project, sorry I went quiet for a while. I've been working on another project using pixi.js, the Civilization: Beyond Earth Tech Web mockup.

I was very impressed by how easy it is to pick up and work with pixi.js ... I am after all, a javascript noob and a rather complex screen runs pretty smoothly without having even thought about optimizations. (which at this point I wouldn't really know how to do anyway )

Right now it's using a Canvas renderer, rather than webGL ... webGL is much smoother, but not supported by as many browsers. Because it runs pretty well in Canvas too I decided to keep this to Canvas only for now to minimize any compatibility issues.

Now that it's released, I was going to write up a tutorial on what went into making the tech web. We have Tooltips, Text formatting, Mouse/Keyboard input, and of course the graphics display. (Some of which is badly mashed together with other of which right now.) While any screens we would make for our own game will function differently from a game logic standpoint, the underlying display mechanics will be much the same.

With CivBE coming out, it may be a while ... but just wanted to update on what I've been doing and that this is still on as far as I'm concerned.
    "tout comprendre, c'est tout pardonner"

Excellent! I honestly think I kind of suck at programming, but I'm glad this is moving forward.
    1011 1100
    Read The Curse Of Life. Or click on the link to game Google or something if you're bored. Whatever.

Comment

Got some requests, so here are the un-minified tech web files. Some of the javascript is really messy, was learning as I went.
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you also have the sources for the sprites? Aka the single images.

Comment

Here's the individual images that were used to create the sprite sheet.
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you still working on this? I and a friend are considering a similar project.

Comment

Yeah, is this still a thing? Even though I've discovered a profound lack of tech competence on my part, I'd love to see it go forward.
              1011 1100
              Read The Curse Of Life. Or click on the link to game Google or something if you're bored. Whatever.

Comment

Sorry I missed your post David. I thought this forum had completely died a few months ago. Welcome back Elok. (Did you get my PM?)

I had decided to work on a commercial Unity3d game (sim/adventure) due to the lack of interest in the project, CivBE, and Apolyton in general.

I would still like to do something like this though, as long as it's a collaboration with a relaxed schedule. What type of project did you and your friend have in mind?
                Last edited by Aeson; April 13, 2015, 23:58.

Comment

Yeah, I got your PM, sorry. You can just delete the widget to free up space, I'm done with that job. Sorry to hear this didn't pan out.
                  1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                  X