X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Originally posted by EPW View Post
    Okay, I've established VC doesn't like me. Why the heck is it looking in "cygdrive" during the custom build step. "cygdrive" is part of the cygwin application, which I have uninstalled, and should have nothing to do with ctp2 or VC:

Code:
    ------ Build started: Project: dbgen, Configuration: Final Win32 ------
    Performing Custom Build Step
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Activision/Call To Power 2/bin/byacc: f - cannot open "/tmp"
    Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"
    Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_code\gs\dbgen\Final\BuildLog.htm"
    dbgen - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    I think E got the same problem as you here. And see Martin's reply afterward.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Okay, I've established VC doesn't like me. Why the heck is it looking in "cygdrive" during the custom build step. "cygdrive" is part of the cygwin application, which I have uninstalled, and should have nothing to do with ctp2 or VC:

Code:
    ------ Build started: Project: dbgen, Configuration: Final Win32 ------
    Performing Custom Build Step
    /cygdrive/c/Program Files/Activision/Call To Power 2/bin/byacc: f - cannot open "/tmp"
    Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Custom Build Step"
    Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_code\gs\dbgen\Final\BuildLog.htm"
    dbgen - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Well, I figured out what I was doing wrong(so far). I am too embarrassed to give details, it is enough to say I misread your instructions at a key point.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    It can be the first time. Once it's done though it's plain sailing.

If you're having problems then post the errors. I'm sure Martin or someone else lurking around will be able to help. I doubt I will, except to post links to helpful posts made by others.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    I made -some- progress, but its rather a pain to compile isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    No?? Maybe I need to go to sleep been nearly 24 hr

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    ugh, VC++ reads C:/Program Files/yadda yadda... as C:/Program ERROR ERROR ERROR doesn't it? So many reason to hate Do I have to reinstall DX/WINDOWS SDK to fix?
    No, I don't think so, at least not VC++ 2008. Mine are both installed in Program Files.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    ugh, VC++ reads C:/Program Files/yadda yadda... as C:/Program ERROR ERROR ERROR doesn't it? So many reason to hate Do I have to reinstall DX/WINDOWS SDK to fix?

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Yeah....but it looks like most of the files in newdb are ignored for some reason.
    You could try following the steps outlined by fromafar here.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Yeah....but it looks like most of the files in newdb are ignored for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Did you remove the unmodified files from the right folder gs\database? Not gs\newdb.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\CTP2\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\AgeRecord.h(38) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\CTP2\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\AgeRecord.h(38) : warning C4183: 'Init': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\CTP2\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\WonderRecord.h(132) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\CTP2\ctp2_code\gs\newdb\WonderRecord.h(132) : warning C4183: 'Init': missing return type; assumed to be a member function returning 'int'
    Init() is in AgeRecord.h and WonderRecord.h....

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    I should delete ALL those old DB sources.?
    Just the files left unmodified after you've updated the source, they will probably have no icon over them if using TortoiseSVN. Up to date files have a green circle with what looks like a white tick inside. I got 34 unmodified.

Probably better just move them first, and see how it compiles.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    I should delete ALL those old DB sources.?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X