Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Links to important mods & scenarios (2nd edition)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    WOTR has been released...

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
    just to let you know Locutus Kanns' website (maker of fixmod) doesnt exsist anymore
    Yeah but actual this deosn't matter so much, because you can find FixMod in the directory and it is already part of ApolytonPack.

And by the way vote for CTP1/2 in the Games Top List

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• SMIFFGIG
    replied
    just to let you know Locutus Kanns' website (maker of fixmod) doesnt exsist anymore

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    I also had some troubles trying to locate the Modswapper. Maybe it should be moved to the Utilities section, because the description on the 'Miscellaneous' section does not give any hint about it being possibly there.

Leave a comment:

• FRITZ
    replied
    Thanks Locutus,

there is a lot of information I could use for future works.

Leave a comment:

• J Bytheway
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale
    2. What Government Am I? to keep track of player's current government.
    I think this should come under the modders resources, not here.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Just want to point out a few new items in the Poly directory:

1. Civ3 workers for tile improvements.
    2. What Government Am I? to keep track of player's current government.

Leave a comment:

• Micelius
    replied
    Thanks!

Yeah!! Right! Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Pedrunn
    replied
    In the database (ctp2 apolyton page > files)
    here a hot link

Miscellaneous section.

Leave a comment:

• Micelius
    replied
    Help! ModSwapper!

Hello there,

I heave a sneaky suspicion it's an extremely stupid question, but where the heck could I find ModSwapper for CtP2 (ver. at least 1.5)? I'm new to mods and I see most authors require the swapper, but the only I managed to find on this site was some older vercion for civ3
    Thanks and help! I've just dragged to mine, through a Fairly Slow Modem, a mod and need only this little thing to start it!

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Just noticed there is no World Map - WAW scenario listing by EmporerMatthew.

Here is a fix for the missing sprites problem. Save to the folder:

\Call To Power 2\scenarios\World Map - WAW\scen0000\default\gamedata\

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pedrunn
    replied
    The city expansion thread link directs to the old IW's attempt of the city expansion. It should link to this thread:

and the mod is pretty much mine (and BlueO's since my mod uses his function from his first version of cityX to work).

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    (reserved)

for (int i = 0; i < 5; i++) {PC++}

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    (reserved for future use)

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Other
    (These are mostly mods that only change one or two aspects of the game, contrary to the mods in the 'Mods' section, which change all (or at least many) aspects of the game.)

Visible Wonder Mod - by Immortal Wombat
    Thread - Website - Last update: 31 July 2002

When a civilization builds a Wonder, it could appear as a 2D image on the terrain next to the civ that built it. This Wonder would confer its normal benefits on the civ in general and would also give the city that built it some bonuses such as extra gold or production (people would travel far and wide to see this Wonder of the World). This would not be done for all the Wonders but for a select few. You could do it for: Pyramids, Great Library, Hanging Gardens, Great Lighthouse, etc. For example, when a civ builds the Great Pyramids, they would appear as a beautifully rendered 2D icon on that civ's territory. The Pyramids would have a physical prescence, and wouldn't just be a name on an inventory list. This would add an extra touch to the glory of building a great civilization.

New City Expansion Mod - by Immortal Wombat & Pedrunn
    Thread - (no website) - Last update: -

The original version of this mod was made by BlueO and can be found in the CtP2 Mods section of the Files Directory. However, this version has some bugs and with the new tools available to us now, almost 2 years later, Immortal Wombat and Pedrunn are busy making a new, improved and bug-free version. What it mod does is expand a city over several tiles on the map (as opposed to 1 as was until now always the case) as this city grows. Additional tiles are filled with 'suburb' tile improvements. This is largely a cosmetic change but it also has some effects on gameplay.

Voice Mod - by Leonidas
    Thread - (no website) - Last Update: -

What would be fun would be having some new voice-overs for a few of the in-game character's voices. So, for example it would be comical to hear one of the units (using Al Pacino's voice) shouting: "Say hello to my little friend" (a line from the movie Scarface). Also, it would be a nice touch to add the voices of John Wayne, Bogart, etc... Imagine hearing Sean Connery (especially as the spy) saying "The name's Bond, James Bond."

New Diplomod - by Peter Triggs
    Thread - (no website) - Last update: 18 March 2002

This mod adds three main features: (1) AI-AI Diplomacy is [properly] implemented. (2) Embassys are established by negotiation. (3) No Trespassing, Ceasefire, Peace, Trade, Research, Military, and Alliance treaties all have fixed lengths. In short, it is a complete overhaul of CtP2's diplomacy.

PBEM Human-Human Diplomacy - by Locutus
    Thread - (no website) - Last update: 13 March 2001

PBEM and Hotseat games in CtP2 are possible but they have some problems. The biggest one of these is diplomacy between human players, this is not possible as it stands. The purpose of this mod is to fix this problem through SLIC.
    Last edited by Locutus; September 6, 2002, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X