Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonathan1980
    replied
    hey maquiladora im playing your world war 2 scenario its the english version of cource becasue this is my native language. i think its the best sceanio there is based on number of military units most of the civilizations get specific units that they use. one problem with the british is you made there civilization too large you gave them gibraltar and hong kong. on a global scenario such as this these really arent big as states there too small. i got rid of Gibraltar and built Sevile ,spain nearby for the neutrals. also i got rid of hong kong and built Canton ,china nearby for the japanese. altough the canton-hong kong region was much larger then in real life and shared a border with wuhan ,china this was interesting its not like this in real life either in real life the japanese only occupied along the coast of kwang tung province not deep into the country beyong the pearl river delta but i ran with it anyways. i also gave the neutral other cities i took Tibet away from the chinese in real life it wasent chinese till after world war 2. i also took mongolia away from the soviets in real life it was only aligned with the soviets for a breif period in the 1920's by the 1940's it was neutral. also there was only 7 players instead of 8. after my changes free china now only as 5 cities left making them the smallest nation. technically free china was not unified there were 3 chinese factions there were nationalists , communists and the war lords. not to mention the japanese occupation in the part of china that was not free. im still not finished with building new city territories i could built more in china ,south america ,canada ,africa ,soviet union. i am noticing a problem with switzerland its got a state thats much larger then real life. i noticed you used geneva switzerland for it but thats too close to the french border i tried to change it to bern which is more towards the center of switzerland it did not solve the problem. in fact switzerland is nearly a negligible amount of territory i might have to get rid of it all together. also becasue theres only 7 civilizations this means theres 6 civilizations and the 7th one can just be everyone else on the globe regardless of there invlovement in world war 2 weather there bonified neutral or a exile goverment. some exile goverments were axis but they had been occupied by the allied powers early on such as madagascar which was vagly controled by germany though vichy french goverment so i gave it to neutrals instead as part of a free french however most of the french in west africa was controled by vichy french for a very long while such as your city placement of dakar ,Senegal this town was contested by neutral (free french) british becasue of influence from gambia colony plus a 3rd civilization contested it the germans though vichey french. so you can see that on a global war map that the politics of who gets to control what land territories is compilcated but i have a system. who ever controls the most land in the area gets the area regardless of small colonies inside there boundaries. i need your help with something. my question is how do i save the scneario so that i play from the beginning like this in my version?

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Originally posted by EPW View Post
    It says there is a missing upgrade icon file when I try to start the scenario, and then the game crashes.
    That's because the upgrade order was added to the Apolyton Edition after I uploaded the scenario. You just need an upgrade order entry in uniticon.txt.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    It says there is a missing upgrade icon file when I try to start the scenario, and then the game crashes.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    I've decided to try to get everything off the to-do list before another release. So anyone waiting for a new version (unlikely, I know ), it will be a while before I get those things done and release anything. Hopefully the next version will even be worthy of being called 1.0.

I'll leave the 0.1 download up, just be aware that it's far from finished, so you might want to wait for the next release, which is already quite a lot better.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    0.2 is coming along, here are the changes so far:

Code:
    version 0.2

fixed - refinery tile imp. now only buildable on plains or desert with oil.
    fixed - refugees settling in a city now works again.
    changed - building/wonder costs lowered, to make them easier to build and less worth selling.
    changed - unit and building rush buy costs lowered, to make gold more useful.
    changed - refinery tile imp graphic.
    changed - updated readme.txt.
    changed - removed terraforming.
    changed - sea mine graphic.
    changed - barbed wire tile imp now removes all resources (except river resources) from terrain.
    changed - air units (lower fuel and movement) and finnish infantry (stronger) in winter.
    changed - slowed down city growth a lot.
    added - new UI graphic.
    added - all tile imp icons and info in GL.
    added - some unit icons.
    added - a folder in \RedFront\docs with various info and charts on units.
    added - naval base and nkvd hq buildings, which are required for naval inf. and nkvd trooper.
    added - certain city buildings repair certain units fully in one turn.
    	hospital=infantry, factory=land machines, air force base=air, naval base=sea.
    	normal heal rate a turn is 2hp in a city/fort, 1hp outside.

===

to-do (in order of importance):

- fuel bar looks too long for one turn after change to winter, need to check this isn't causing other problems.
    - fix sprites disappearing for units with negative movement (happens when units run out of moves on to barbed wire).
    - vary build queues more for Soviet cities occupied by AI.
    - add more specific goals for the AI based on current game state and/or real events.
    - possibly change other unit stats for winter phase.
    - add unit upgrades, perhaps.
    - add more events the player can interact with. religion, starvation, gulags, possibly active generals.
    - improve existing SLIC where possible, speed, readability etc.
    - update all great library icons and info.
    - check sounds, maybe add more.
    I'll play through it again and see what else can be improved easily, then upload it.
    Last edited by Maquiladora; August 26, 2008, 07:42.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Is there any way to get a unit's remaining move points? I noticed even in Peter's(?) "save the planes" script he couldn't find a way.

Because when a unit's move points go negative the sprite disappears, so I only want to reduce it to 0 at most.

Alternatively fix the problem with the disappearing sprite at the source, but I don't know where to start with that, or even if it needs to fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Since the game seems to be quite difficult I've revised some costs.

Buildings I reduced back to their normal cost (as opposed to 12* the normal cost to fit the time index), so now you can actually afford to build them, and they are also less worth selling (which indirectly eliminates a lot of micromanagement too). I also significantly reduced rush buy costs for units and buildings, which makes gold a lot more useful. Although micromanagement is still useful, it's now not required to survive the initial wave, although it's still quite possible to lose if you defend the wrong areas.

Next I'll try to fix the refinery tile imp, and give it a full run through again to look for anything else important. If it goes well I'll upload a new version.

Random screenshot, recapturing Moscow in October '41:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Great, let me know what you think Colwyn.

I went over a few turns of this last week and was surprised how far east some of the German spawn points were. I always manage to hold Moscow before the first winter, but by the next summer I sometimes have no chance. Eventually I'd like to remove some or all of these spawned units, and keep each starting army moving from city to city.

The unit and building costs seemed high as well, I can't remember exactly why I did this. Perhaps because at lower prices almost everything is overpriced compared to the turns it takes for a T34, so the much higher costs increase build turn times, and encourage you to invest in more infantry and artillery combination's at first, and use barbed wire/pillbox's to hold key points. Then as you get more industry built it becomes more efficient to invest in more expensive but MUCH stronger units like tanks.

Leave a comment:

• Colwyn
    replied
    dusted off ctp2 and am about to start working on this one

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Re: Xclt my fav scenario on CTP!

Originally posted by Colwyn

i'm so going to have a good look at this, might even help u'd like some expert RF help (;
    Hi Colwyn,

here is the last (incomplete) to-do list I made:

... immediately group spawned units (couldn't get working in SLIC for some reason)

... more specific triggers, goals and timing of german operations

... don't allow human to threaten Finns into cease fire

... negative movement units go invisible (barbed wire SLIC)

.. units that need new sprites: naval infantry, nkvd trooper, refugee, siberian regiment

.. more diverse german unit building, especially newly-researched units (see RF_mod.slc)

.. balance unit costs and power

.. fix refinery on oil good only tile imp SLIC

.. air units sometimes run out of fuel (wait for fix at source?)

. great library, remove irrelevant stuff, finish everything else

. verify all sounds correct/add new sounds

. naval infantry only in coastal cities

. nkvd trooper only in cities with NKVD HQ

. give nkvd trooper and naval infantry more unique abilities?
    there are a bunch of other things to do though you can pick any area to help in.

The priority is testing and tweaking German unit movement though.
    Last edited by Maquiladora; June 28, 2008, 07:50.

Leave a comment:

• Colwyn
    replied
    Xclt my fav scenario on CTP!

Well i always thought about doing a Redfront 1.5 for ctp as ive done them for civ2, tot, civ3 see below.

Civ2 MGE http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...t=redfront+1.5

CIV2 TOT http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=172331

and Civ3 http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=86040

i'm so going to have a good look at this, might even help u'd like some expert RF help (;

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Re: Red Front for CtP2 v0.1 - Playtesting

Originally posted by Maquiladora

2. IIRC the Refugee code (settling settlers in cities) has been disabled in the current Apolyton Edition playtest. There are two ways you can workaround it for now: You can either use the scenario editor to add a pop to the city and kill the settler yourself, or just disband the settler in the city to get the production.
    It seems the settle code was reintroduced in the latest playtest (download from HERE) so you can ignore the above quote for the moment.

I haven't tested the scenario with the latest playtest yet though.
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; July 20, 2008, 15:41.

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Uploads are working again.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    After all this time...

Hmm, no idea why it's not working, looks like a 'Poly thing. I'll inform the authorities.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Re: Red Front for CtP2 v0.1 - Playtesting

Originally posted by Maquiladora
    It's still far from complete, but as I haven't had time to work on it for weeks I thought it would more use to let others try it.

You can download it from HERE - 8.5MB.

The link doesn't work

Leave a comment:

Working...
X