Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primemover
    replied
    another thing I've noticed with this tile set: the mini map no longer is color coded for terrain type.

over all i REALLY like the terrain tiles. I think the terrain improvements are a bit hard to tell apart and need to look more like what they are supposed to be. I'm having a hard time recognizing what each one is. They are all so organic looking that sometimes I have a hard time even telling there is an improvement there at all (maybe you wanted it that way...)

The farms are nice looking... but they are a bit large for the scale of the terrain and IMO look out of place as a result (especially when they are right next to a city... huge farm, small city buildings). maybe you could make tiny farms next to the large fields (I would also make the fields look like they have crops in them if I had done this wonderful graphics enhancement).

But of course the details can wait... it must take a lot of time to do something like this. Thanks for your effort.

Matthew

Leave a comment:

• primemover
    replied
    much of this looks really nice. esp the trees and jungle. I'm not sure I like some of the improvement tiles though... like a boat instead of a fish net and something that looks like a mine instead of a port. is this on purpose?.

the trees are a great improvoemnt

another comment... have we overcome the limit of the til file yet? having two sized mountains as being debated earlier may come in handy if we ever improve the map making feature.

also... this is nitpicky (and also a limit of the til file, ,maybe something for the final version) but it would be fun to see some deciduous forests as well (other than jungle). all the forested areas are coniferous (albeit fabulous looking compared to the old forests... they look very realistic compared to the old).

cheers... Matthew

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    the download is now in the main files section under modification/graphics...

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    Oh, I thought this included the cities.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    I think you already have this version EPW...cities will come later

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    I shall try it out and report back. The city and mountains look very good in the screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Screenshot

(My civ3 city conversion is used as a reference point)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Ekmek; July 30, 2005, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Thanks Protra3211

I added a higher peak to the polar mountains and they still have several smaller peaks here:

I think this is the final cut...

Leave a comment:

• Protra3211
    replied
    Very Nice

The map seems to have a more life like apperance. More like Sim City.Liked the g file more -tall mountains work the best. The farm houses are a nice touch . Thank you so for your hard work . Hope this becomes part of the new patch thats being worked on.

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    I liked how the tall mountains were...tall. But they lacked any variation. So I guess making the shorter ones taller would help.

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    I tried with the variation rule but no luck. I opted for the shorter ones because they are more jagged and random loking than the single peak very tall one. Which do you prefer? I think I can make the "shorter" mountains taller

Leave a comment:

• EPW
    replied
    I noticed that you changed the polar mountains. Is their any way to make a mixture of the taller mountains and the shorter mountains?

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Minor tweaks...

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    no prob big mc, look forward to when you make it back.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    Sorry e can’t play test until the end of the month as my course finishes then and I got last month rushing of work to do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X